i thought it was eye bulging but possibly yellow fungus? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

supshadz

ok so i've read a few posts on here about yellow fungus but my case is a little different from what I've been reading because it concerns my beardies eye.

i've had my dragon about 3 weeks. She's about 5 inches, don't exactly know the sex but i like to think shes a girl :) anyway, she looked pretty healthy when i bought her, just a little shed stuck on her head. i've read many care sheets and have been on top of all the basic care. She eats well, crickets and greens, and behaves how i would assume a baby would.

i noticed about a week ago that her eye was slightly bulging and remembered reading they'll do that to try and stretch out the skin to loosen the skin and make it easier to shed. but now the area surrounding her eye is yellow. I'm reading up on yellow fungus and it just seems like a horror story! i see it can be treated , but I'm worried can i use these products on her eye?

i'll try and get a picture to show exactly what it looks like tomorrow..,but any advice until than will be much appreciated!

Hi, if you could look at it and see is it crusty, or just regular scaly texture? It coudl be part of her colors if you find it on the other eye. When i dealt with yellow fungus, it was terrible and i remember my boy doing something like that too... It got around to spreading to all his face and there was nothing i could do by the time i got the treatment for him ): so it could just be part of her color, and if it is crusty, you may want to get it checked out.

supshadz

Original Poster
I'm sorry about your boy, from what i'm reading its a difficult disease to fight. Her face and eye doesn't really look crusty, just swollen. That's what i was thinking at first, maybe it was just a part of her colors, but it's only on the one side.

Well here's a picture, the first one is of the eye i'm worried about and the second pic is of the normal eye. You cant really tell much of a color difference from the photo, but it is noticeably yellow in person.

mq8x.jpg

48zj.jpg

That really does not look good-if possible, a vet visit would be the best thing just to confirm it is... And its not on any other part of her body?

supshadz

Original Poster
yeah i figured i would have to bring her in, so probably monday i'll have her checked out. and no, there's no other spots like this on her, just that one area.

lecko167

My baby looks the same, it was a rescue and I was hoping I could save him, but the more I read about yellow fungus the more I think he may have it. I'll be following your thread, my guy's face looks like yours, just more extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom