Really Frequent Bowel Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin950

My 2yr old beardie, Norbert, has recently been treated for the second time for coccidia. After treatment, the vet did a fecal float and determined that he no longer had coccidia, but his appetite was still subdued and he was having frequent small bowel movements with blood in them still. X-rays and blood panel looked normal but the vet recommended a follow up with antibiotics to treat a bacterial infection that might have resulted from the parasites.
He was on baytril for 10 days and it seemed to help. It's been a week since we finished the treatment and his appetite is better and there's no more blood in his stools, but he still is having really frequent bowel movements (sometimes 2x a day). Is this normal? Before the coccidia he would poop maybe 3-4x per week. My concern is that there might still be something wrong with his digestive system. The antibiotics were given orally so i was also giving him acidopholus (probiotics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom