Baycox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our beardie is around 11 months old, and we took her to the vet and got a poop check done. I'm not sure what she has. Maybe coccida? Anyways the dr. Prescribed her Baycox 4mg and give it to her once for 3 days. Where do I find this stuff?! I can't find it, and if I did find it I was hesitant to order it because I don't wanna buy the wrong one. What should I do after I get her the medicine? Obviously clean the cage/steam clean it but do I have to give her soy yogurt or anything? I'm just so confused about all this so can someone enlighten me? Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your post got missed!
Were you able to get the tank clean?
Steaming the tank is the most effective if you have a steamer.
We always recommend using a probiotic such as benebac, non dairy soy yogurt or acidophiliz for at least a couple of weeks after the medication round is over with.
Did you give any while she was on her meds?
Baycox is used for coccidia treatments & can be harsh on the system.
How is she doing now?

Tracie

strangestatic

Original Poster
I gave her the meds not this past Thursday, the one before. She had one dose, and then another 48 hours later. She hasn't pooped since then, but I can tell she's getting better because she's actually going after her crickets now, and eating her greens as of last night. Before she wouldn't touch crickets or greens. If she doesn't poop by Friday, we are taking her back to the vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you giving her probiotics right now?
You could increase her oral fluids daily & add some sugar free applesauce or canned pumpkin for her to see if that helps. She could be dehydrated from the meds which is relatively common.
It sounds like she is feeling a little better though.

Tracie

strangestatic

Original Poster
I have not given her probiotics but she is starting to eat a lot more. We brought her to the vet today to see why she hasn't pooped and they said she isn't impacted or anything so that's good. She didn't eat much for a while so how is she going to poop if the food isn't there? Is it normal for beardies to look kinda depressed during the winter months? Kinda tired/depressed look. Sometimes she looks that way in her cage, sometimes she's hyper and what not. When we take her out of her cage, she runs all over the room! Haha. I'm sure she will be fine though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can brumate during the wintertime as well as slow down too due to the colder weather & shorter days.
It sounds like she has a good appetite, also.
What is she eating now?
That is good she is not impacted. Are you using loose substrate also?
She wont go to the bathroom much then when she isn't eating.
They will bask some & other times sit on the cooler end of the tank, when they are brumating.

At 11 months, she can brumate if she is healthy & not losing any weight.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom