Adeno Scare. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Hey guys!

I'm so sad right now because as I'm learning more about Beardies, I stumbled upon some information about ADV. What caught my attention was the "star Gazing" because that's exactly what our new little rescue, Hermes does. And since he's so under developed, etc, after reading the article I feel like it's almost 100% certain that he'll have it.

I house our 3 dragons separately, but we do handle them all together. Also, they used to be in the same container at Petco where we got our two healthy dragons. It was later that we went back, saw her and they told us they were just sort of waiting for her to die that we rescued her. She's presumably from the same clutch. While the other dragons seem healthy, I'm sure we'll need to test them all.

I'm really worried about this because Hermes is extremely under developed and does that star gazing thing all the time. She's on antibiotics now for an infection in her eyes. I leave the country (and the dragons) in 10 days and I'll be gone for a month. Obviously we have an excellent care giver lined up for them, but this is a whole new thing to put on someone.

Please help me to know what I can do QUICKLY because whatever tests they need, I need to get done now and then whatever things I need to implement into their care, I need to do that now as well. I'm going to call my herp vet in the morning and I'm assuming they'll know about ADV and be able to test for it? (I hope.) I'm so sad to learn about this for poor little Hermes and also for the thought that we could have accidentally spread it to our other dragons through our contact.

*sigh*

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Shelby

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shelby,

I am sorry about your little one. How long have you had her?
Do you think she could have calcium issues also?
I help with testing, so here is my site if you want to get signed up to test your dragons.

www.thepats.info

I can review your tank setup also, if you would like.

Tracie

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

We rescued Hermes 2 weeks ago. I went to your site yesterday and filled out the request form. She 100% could have calcium issues as well and I assume she does. If you go to the beardie rescue forum you can see her story and lots of pics. I'm worried because I'm leaving the country for a month next Wednesday and she'll be with a care giver.

The last couple of days she's been more lethargic and hasn't been eating well and that makes me feel nervous. Is there any harm in treating her as if she had it and giving her things to help potential internal damage? Either way, she is extremely under developed.

Shelby

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shelby,

I wrote back with instructions on my site.
You can be proactive for her & start giving bee pollen & colloidal silver to start. Then add milk thistle & serrapeptase also for help with the liver.

I will try to go to your other thread to check out pictures, too.
Also, keep the tank around 80 over night to help with immune system function.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom