Advice on Fenbendazole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guy, Ignis, has coccidia and some kind of worm (didn't catch which). The vet prescribed Fenbendazole, which we got today. The bottle says "Fenbendazole 12.5 MG/ML. Give 0.1ml every week for 4 weeks. Banana flavor." I called the vet, he's supposed to call me back tomorrow, because I thought I would be giving it to him everyday. So my question is, how do I give it to him? With the needless syringe and force his mouth open? Here's a picture of the bottle.

357h93n.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Panacur only needs to be given once, maybe twice, weekly. What were the levels of worms that were found?
Did the vet not give any dosing instruction regime for how long he needed to be on it?
If he is supposed to take it once weekly for 4 weeks, that sounds fine.
Is the coccidia not being treated?
Yes, just dose it out according to the dose given by vet, using the needleless syringe & either dripping it onto the end of his nose or gently getting it into his mouth.

Tracie

Marshamello

Original Poster
The vet checked back with me and it is 0.1ml once a week for 4 weeks. I think he was under the impression it would clear up the coccidia too, he hasn't said anything about another medication for them. Thanks for your response.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going with your dragon?
Did she ever get treated for coccidia?

I hope she is doing better for you now.

Tracie

Marshamello

Original Poster
He's doing great, his poo is a lot more solid, he's shedding for the 2nd time in a month, and he's almost 100g now. He's had 3 of the treatments, just one left then we'll get another fecal. The vet thought these meds would take care of the coccidia too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is doing much better now! :D
Wow he is shedding again, he must be feeling chipper now & growing.
What will happen is the worm levels should have dropped which would have hopefully decreased the stress levels in the body to have lowered the coccidia levels.
Let us know what the other fecal comes out as.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom