Yellow Fungus or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody help? He is a baby I'm guessing around two months and he is 7-8 inches long. I am probably wrong about the age. He has yellow around his eye that i just noticed, and later this week it started spreading around his face!! Should i be worried or not? I did some research and decided it could be yellow fungus, so im reading up on that. I did take into mind he just shed, but the yellow was there long before the shed. It's starting to crust a little too. Can anyone help? I will try to post pics but im new to this so Thankyou!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Mia....I hope your little one doesn't have Y.F. :( Hopefully it's just his color, and some shed coming off. There are directions for posting pics on the home page under " website comments " You have to upload them from photo bucket. I hope your little one will be O.K....take care !

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I am crossing my fingers for you its not yellow fungus. I am going through this right now with my girl. It is not easy to deal with, better to figure it out early if it is yellow fungus.

MiaTheCosmo

Original Poster
Aww): well we just took him to the vet and they took a sample of his skin or scales and we are getting the results this week... And now we found out he has a circulation problem wih his tail... Good luck to you then:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Would you happen to have any pictures of him we could see?
When do you get the results back for the skin test?
I hope he is doing well & eating alot too.
What type of circulation trouble does he have with his tail?

Tracie

MiaTheCosmo

Original Poster
Hi Tracie thanks and I do have pictures ill wirk on getting them up... The skin results are coming this friday at least sadly; his tail had a lot of excess scales that was restricting his circulation on his rail but we are getting through that now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things coming along? Any progress yet?
Please let us know how things are going for him.
How is his tail doing, are you treating it now? I hope that he didn't have to get any amputated.

Tracie

MiaTheCosmo

Original Poster
Hi, sorry for the late reply but we got his tests back and he did have yellow fungus ); So we are treating him now. For his tail, the vet said to give him about an hour soak each day, which we have, and scraping all the constricting scales off (due to bad sheds.) so we have had really good progress with that, and it's looking better. The yellow is also scrapeable though I've noticed... So is now affecting more of his face and his knee area, AND under his tail.. Not too bad though got off most of the yellow on tail and face, just have to wait for a good shed now..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you using lamisil or monistat on him daily to help with the fungus? It will continue to spread unless the fungus is killed. Also, use a diluted betadine solution when bathing him, also.
Is he eating very well right now?
Also, I would consider using probiotics also to help balance out his system, too.

Tracie

MiaTheCosmo

Original Poster
Hi, honestly i will have to check what he is on- this week is his week off from meds... he is eating very well like his usual. and i will try the betadine bath thanks!

MiaTheCosmo

Original Poster
and actually, we were giving him a bath and getting yellow off so.. there is barely any yellow on at all! The only problem is it is on his left eyelid... can't really get that off so just hope the meds will work.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news it is improving with the betadine baths right now.
I am glad to hear he is eating so well also, hopefully he isn't feeling too bad!

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom