BeeGee Has Pins Again :( need help with panacur distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
hello all,

beegee has pinworms again and I've treated him for two weeks so far. he is 560 grams and has the appropriate dosing. I was just curious if I should give him his third dose this week or if I should wait another week to give his system a break. He hasnt pooped in almost three weeks. I've been giving him baths every other day. he doesn't seem to be eating much so I'm a little worried. I've also been giving him acidophilus and electrolyte supplement. he eats a mixture of dubias and supers but eats very little each time. I just moved so he has also been getting used to his new home. Ugh, I'm just really worried about him and want him to be happy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...I would give him a break. He's a big, husky boy and the not eating won't hurt him much, especially since he's getting supplements. He's probably also stressed from the move like you mentioned. By the way, was this dosing method prescribed by a vet ? Have you checked the parasite levels to see if they are down to a reasonably low level ? If so, it may be best to leave him be for a while, too much meds. can create their own problems, but I think he'll be fine.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks AHBD! I got the fecal done by the vet but the fecal doesn't tell me how much he has, just if he has them or not. I got the panacur from Tracie and she gave me three weeks of panacur dosed at .28 mL. It's 10% panacur and its dosed at 50mg/kg. When should I take another fecal sample back to the vet? It's been three weeks since his first treatment. I gave him 1 dose per week, except for the third week which would have been today. I've been keeping up with the acidophilus and electrolytes. I guess I will wait and see what happens. How long should I keep giving him the acidophilus for? Also he seems to be really stressed out by syringe feeding w/ babyfood. I think I'm going to try to skip that as well, except for his probiotics. Everytime I offer him something via syringe he runs away and hides. Then I feel horrible. I'm going to let him lay low the the next week or so and keep up with baths and the probiotics. It doesn't seem like he's really interested in food and I don't want to force him into anything. I'll offer his usual live feeders and salad however, but I won't make the extra effort to try to get him to eat it. Thanks again for the reply.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I agree that you should lay off any syringe pushing for a while, you can see how stressed it makes some dragons. Don't even worry about the probiotics for now either, as long as he had them for even part of the time he will be fine. It might take a while for his appetite to pick back up, but since you gave him baby food he wasn't technically not eating. If he goes for weeks at a time without eating, you could always continue maybe once a week with baby food and/or get some Oxbow Critical Care from the vet. That will be enough to tide him over, but keep offering his fave foods . Try not to worry too much, he'll decide when he wants to eat again. :)

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me! I just want him to be happy and healthy. I've been giving him a break and have kept handling to a minimum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom