Sophia is Adeno Positive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received a phone call from the vet and my baby has being diagnosed with Adenovirus.
I am shaking and crying right now because I don't know what it is and what to do :(
I feel sick!

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I am sorry to hear this:( There have been discussions on this on the board here, but Digger never had it so I never read up on it. I do know that a beardie that has it should not be with other beardies, I also know that they can still live full lives, it just depends on the beardie and how bad the adeno is.

I know someone will come along with an explanation, maybe Tracie will, she has a lot of info on it, I think she even has a site about it, but I am not sure

Will keep Sophia ( and you ) in my thoughts and prayers.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am sorry to hear of Sophia's diagnosis. You must be sick with worry. However, there have been a few discussions here lately that you can access through the site search feature by typing in "adenovirus," that offer help with many supplements that can be used to boost her immune system. Many beardies have lived long lives with the virus. There is no reason Sophia can't be one of them.

Here is one of the threads:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=197156

BeardySophia

Original Poster
athenacp":aruiln6r said:
I am sorry to hear this:( There have been discussions on this on the board here, but Digger never had it so I never read up on it. I do know that a beardie that has it should not be with other beardies, I also know that they can still live full lives, it just depends on the beardie and how bad the adeno is.

I know someone will come along with an explanation, maybe Tracie will, she has a lot of info on it, I think she even has a site about it, but I am not sure

Will keep Sophia ( and you ) in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you very much, she has hepatitis and her liver is really bad, she has being on medicine for it for 2 weeks and we have to go to the vet next week so he can see if there is any improvement. She is really tough though, she still wakes up everyday and eats by herself and holds herself up. The day she cant hold herself up anymore I will really worry but she is a tough dragon :)

Thank you very much for thinking of us x

BeardySophia

Original Poster
Esther19":33iez4c8 said:
I am sorry to hear of Sophia's diagnosis. You must be sick with worry. However, there have been a few discussions here lately that you can access through the site search feature by typing in "adenovirus," that offer help with many supplements that can be used to boost her immune system. Many beardies have lived long lives with the virus. There is no reason Sophia can't be one of them.

Here is one of the threads:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=197156

Thank you, I could barley sleep I have being so worried :( Thank you, we have the vets next week so hopefully they can explain everything, they have being fantastic for her so far so I know they will look after her well and can tell me what to do :) Hopefully she will live a long life because I love her to bits!

Thank you for your post, its very kind of you x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry that Sophia has Adeno. She has hepatitis?
Which meds is she on right now?
Which supplementation are you using for her?

I would keep her tank around 80 overnight, to help with her immune system. Try getting some bee pollen or colloidal silver to help her system out. Is she eating very well right now?

Tracie

BeardySophia

Original Poster
Drache613":33a5f757 said:
Hello,

I am sorry that Sophia has Adeno. She has hepatitis?
Which meds is she on right now?
Which supplementation are you using for her?

I would keep her tank around 80 overnight, to help with her immune system. Try getting some bee pollen or colloidal silver to help her system out. Is she eating very well right now?

Tracie

Hello

Thank you and yes she does have hepatitis :(
She is on a liver mix twice a day, critical care formula twice a day, and something called BAYTRIL once a day.
Yes I have being keeping the heat lamp on since I found out but it has always being at a safe temperature at night, luckily we live in a really cosy and warm house so her enclosure is always warm enough at night without the heat lamp on, but since I found out she has hepatitis I have kept it on. Yes she eats a lot of locusts and loves her pear and butternut squash!
What does bee pollen do if you don't mind me asking? Do you know where I can get it? We live in the UK

Many thanks

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Here in the States, I get bee pollen in the pharmacy section of WalMart. I have seen it many other places that sell vitamins and supplements. I buy the capsules, which can be slid apart to dose the granules inside.

BeardySophia

Original Poster
kcarello":hqc5sqqn said:
Hello,
I am so sorry to hear about your baby. Tracie has given you great advice, of course!! You also need to keep your babies viv immaculately clean and Sophia stress free. I will post a link to an article on adeno you can read up on and learn more about it. We are all here for help and support. Give Sophia lots of love!!!
http://www.everythingreptile.org/adenovirus--atadenovirus-in-bearded-dragons.html

Thank you that means a lot, yes it is always kept as clean as possible and she has lots of love and cuddles to keep her calm and happy, she has never really being a stressed dragon to be honest. Thank you very much for the link! Need to know as much about it as possible. Thank you!

BeardySophia

Original Poster
Esther19":24dkffxz said:
Here in the States, I get bee pollen in the pharmacy section of WalMart. I have seen it many other places that sell vitamins and supplements. I buy the capsules, which can be slid apart to dose the granules inside.

We have the vets in 3 days so i'm going to ask him about it and see if he knows where I can buy it

BeardySophia

Original Poster
Fantastic news! We went to the vets today and Sophia has gained 10% of her body weight back that she lost when we treated the Coccidia! I have to keep weighing her every few days to make sure she doesn't lose any and if she does she has to go back to the vet. The vet wanted to check her blood but because Soph has being so active and eating a lot and is very alert he said that he was really proud of how strong she is and that he was going to check her blood in a month and a half instead, but if she declines at all then we have to bring her back. So pleased the little lady is gaining weight and staying strong! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom