Adeno Positive ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my boys test just came back positive ):. I hear there is really nothing wrong with it. He is my only guy, is there anything I should do different?

Beardie321

Original Poster
kcarello":507dygao said:
Hello, Sorry to hear your guy has adeno...but its not the end of the world. How old is your dragon. Here is a link to a site with a very helpful article on adeno:
http://www.everythingreptile.org/adenovirus--atadenovirus-in-bearded-dragons.html
There are supplements you can give to help him and follow the other advice. It is my dragon, Deuce in the article, and he is doing great. Please let me know if you have anymore questions or need any help.
J
My dragon is actually around 8 months old. What supplements can I give him? Has your dragon actually shown any signs of adeno, or does he just have it? Thanks!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello,
Sometimes my boy isn't the greatest eater,,,but he sure licks up his slurries, which is how I give him his supplements. I got him last Aug and he was already a year old. I have a girl that is the same age but I have had her since she was a baby.
Earlier in the year I decided to have both of them tested, I was actually more concerned about my girl having adeno because I got her from Petsmart and I was worried that with them getting their dragons from a big breeder that she would have a stronger chance of having the disease. Deuce came from a very small private breeder in Louisiana, so I figured the chances of him having it were not as great. When I got the results back I was very surprised, and scared, actually paranoid is more the word I would use. I was scared to death that my girl would catch it from him. I started researching and learning as much as I could. The reality is,,,at least in my opinion, and experience, it is spread fecal / orally. They are housed separately and I would never house two dragon together anyway. I don't recycle bugs, separate tubs for bathing.
Anyway,,Didn't mean to get all that conversation going...LOL!! Its just something that I am very passionate about.
For the supplements, there are several.
Bee Pollen can be given daily.
Milk Thistle, also daily
Electrolytes daily
Colloidal Silver, Every other day for 2 weeks, then off for two weeks.
Serrapeptase, daily
Vit. C 3 times a week
Vit B12 powder. daily but cycled off and on with
Brewers Yeast, daily but cycle with the Vit B12,,,one week one the next week the other.
Of course the calcium and multi-vitamins as normal
I give probiotics at least once a week
There are other steps to be taken to help keep him healthy. Keep his tank immaculately clean, NO STRESS, keep him warm, just don't let him get too cold, like taking him out in the winter or anything like that. Never ever breed him!!!
I will post a link to an article on adeno,,,it should help you also.
http://www.everythingreptile.org/adenovirus--atadenovirus-in-bearded-dragons.html
Let me know if you have any questions or need anything!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
And after all that, I don't think I actually answered your question about my boy showing any signs...No, other than not always having the best appetite,,,he is a very active,,,healthy,,sweet boy. When I got him Aug. 4 2012 he was 479g. Now with the extra care and supplements he is up to 723g. He also has a one track mind,,,,wanting to mate my girl!!!!! If he see's her the head bobbing, black bearding, and stomping is ON!!

Beardie321

Original Poster
kcarello":33xm6kp4 said:
And after all that, I don't think I actually answered your question about my boy showing any signs...No, other than not always having the best appetite,,,he is a very active,,,healthy,,sweet boy. When I got him Aug. 4 2012 he was 479g. Now with the extra care and supplements he is up to 723g. He also has a one track mind,,,,wanting to mate my girl!!!!! If he see's her the head bobbing, black bearding, and stomping
is ON!!

Hey I bet this is a stupid question but what do all these supplements do? Also, were could I get them. Thanks!!!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
There are no stupid questions when it comes to learning about the care of the babies!!
Unfortunately, there is no known drug that eliminates Atadenovirus. An ill, ADV-positive bearded dragon needs to stay warm, calm and stress free. ADV-positive dragons also tend to dehydrate easily, so frequent baths are necessary along with plenty of liquids. There are several supplements that are good for ADV-positive dragons. Milk thistle is a liver detox and Atadenovirus can attack the liver so this is an excellent supplement to use.Serrapeptase is the enzyme from the silk worm and has properties that make calcium absorption more effecient, can reduce inflammation, pain and it can break down the plaque build-up on your dragons teeth. Vitamin C to boost the immune system. Bee pollen destroys harmful bacteria in the intestines. It also contains a natural antibiotic and helps flush toxins from the body. Also colloidal silver, which is known to kill 650 different pathogens, including bacteria, fungus and viruses, in addition to many other. It will absorb so rapidly due to its small ion size that it is absorbed by the blood before it can reach the gut,(antibiotics have very large molecules which get absorbed so slowly as they travel into the gut that they kill the normal good bacteria needed for good health in the intestines). If your pet is lethargic from illness such as bacterial infections, parasites, etc, offering 0.5ml daily along with a pinch of bee pollen will boost his immune system. It can be offered as a defense or a preventative against germs, bacteria, viruses, allergens and pathogens. Colloidal Silver is the best and most tried and tested natural antibiotic alternative rather than some of the harsh meds from the vet that can do more harm than good, but depending on what problem your dragon has, medications may be needed.
I think this covers most of it. The B 12 and Brewers Yeast are also to boost the immune system,,but they also help in other ways. Hope this answers your question.

Beardie321

Original Poster
kcarello":3w0w2yfa said:
There are no stupid questions when it comes to learning about the care of the babies!!
Unfortunately, there is no known drug that eliminates Atadenovirus. An ill, ADV-positive bearded dragon needs to stay warm, calm and stress free. ADV-positive dragons also tend to dehydrate easily, so frequent baths are necessary along with plenty of liquids. There are several supplements that are good for ADV-positive dragons. Milk thistle is a liver detox and Atadenovirus can attack the liver so this is an excellent supplement to use.Serrapeptase is the enzyme from the silk worm and has properties that make calcium absorption more effecient, can reduce inflammation, pain and it can break down the plaque build-up on your dragons teeth. Vitamin C to boost the immune system. Bee pollen destroys harmful bacteria in the intestines. It also contains a natural antibiotic and helps flush toxins from the body. Also colloidal silver, which is known to kill 650 different pathogens, including bacteria, fungus and viruses, in addition to many other. It will absorb so rapidly due to its small ion size that it is absorbed by the blood before it can reach the gut,(antibiotics have very large molecules which get absorbed so slowly as they travel into the gut that they kill the normal good bacteria needed for good health in the intestines). If your pet is lethargic from illness such as bacterial infections, parasites, etc, offering 0.5ml daily along with a pinch of bee pollen will boost his immune system. It can be offered as a defense or a preventative against germs, bacteria, viruses, allergens and pathogens. Colloidal Silver is the best and most tried and tested natural antibiotic alternative rather than some of the harsh meds from the vet that can do more harm than good, but depending on what problem your dragon has, medications may be needed.
I think this covers most of it. The B 12 and Brewers Yeast are also to boost the immune system,,but they also help in other ways. Hope this answers your question.

Is there a website I could order these items from?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
http://www.bug-de-lite.com/
This is where I get my calcium, serrapeptase, acidolphliz+, and electrolytes.
http://www.beardeddragon.co/
This is where I get the Bee Pollen, milk thistle and colloidal silver.
I got a lb. of Brewers Yeast from Piping Rock for $4.99 I am still looking for the Vit. B12 powder, may just go with the capsules and use it that way....it doesn't take much...just a pinch.

Beardie321

Original Poster
kcarello":bmx5z5kb said:
http://www.bug-de-lite.com/
This is where I get my calcium, serrapeptase, acidolphliz+, and electrolytes.
http://www.beardeddragon.co/
This is where I get the Bee Pollen, milk thistle and colloidal silver.
I got a lb. of Brewers Yeast from Piping Rock for $4.99 I am still looking for the Vit. B12 powder, may just go with the capsules and use it that way....it doesn't take much...just a pinch.

Hate to give my guy all that, and so does my bank. As it isn't going to save his life or anything what are the 3 things on that list that will help the greatest?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Well, you are giving him calcium and vitamins already, correct? I would say the bee pollen, milk thistle and the colloidal silver. Just give a tiny bit of the colloidal silver every other day for a week then off for 2 weeks. The milk thistle and bee pollen give everyday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I thought I would weigh in here.
Thank you, Kelly for helping...you're the greatest. :D

Never underestimate the power of love & care as to what it can do for your dragon. While the Adeno "can" be a death sentence in some, not all do poorly to that capacity. Some do very well & to look at them you would never know they had it. That is why looks are very deceiving, but, with it attacking the liver you can't see what goes on inside. Any proactive action can literally give him years added to his life.
Plus, the extra care gives his spirit reason to stay around with you also.

Alright, enough sappy talk I suppose.
If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Tracie

Beardie321

Original Poster
kcarello":1p9x5nu8 said:
Well, you are giving him calcium and vitamins already, correct? I would say the bee pollen, milk thistle and the colloidal silver. Just give a tiny bit of the colloidal silver every other day for a week then off for 2 weeks. The milk thistle and bee pollen give everyday.

Yes I give him rep cal calcium and vits. Is there any other website I can order that stuff off of? Shipping is so much! How long will 1 lb bag of bee pollen, 1 oz slilymarin milk Thistle, 1/2 Oz coccoidal silver last me?

-How long will this all stay good? I was thinking ordering a ton, and just doing the 18 dollar shipping.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
they will all last you a long time I really didn't think the shipping was that expensivehope you're able to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom