yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we got two bearded dragons from my boyfriend's friend and the biggest one seems to have yellow fungus. I just want to be sure but we already started treatment. Ill try to post a picture im on my phone right now.

pepper2013

Original Poster
20130723_143858_zps3afbd7f9.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
That looks like yellow fungus. Has the other dragon been exposed? You'll want to keep them separated and disinfect the sink or whatever between their baths. What treatment have you undertaken?

pepper2013

Original Poster
No the other dragons have not been exposed today we gave him a betadine and water soak and put lamisil on him. We sterilized his terrarium and took his decor out and laid paper towels down.

pepper2013

Original Poster
We have 4 other dragons, the girl that camr with him is yellow naturally but I cant see any on her. I was looking at reptaid because I saw that some people used that. Also he doesn't move alot is that normal for an adult beardie?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Older dragons do slow down a bit, but he shouldn't be reluctant to move. When he does move, do his limbs work correctly?

If at all possible, I would suggest having him seen by a vet. The fungus has spread quite a bit, and it is a difficult thing to get rid of.

pepper2013

Original Poster
Its strange because when he's in his cage he will move a little bit but its slow he will "glass dance" but he just puts his head up and maybe an arm. We had him out today and he was laying on me and didnt move at all he just cuddled and went to sleep. Also he doesn't really lift his head above is body maybe sometimes but not alot.

pepper2013

Original Poster
He ate pretty good the last couple days but he hasn't pooped. I've been reading through the forums and online about it. My boyfriend wants to take him tomorrow but im not sure because hes on midnights. Also the guy who had him before us had a humidifier in the walk in closet they made into his cage. The two beardies that we have raised are perfectly healthy.

pepper2013

Original Poster
Just an update on zilla. He's losing some skin and he eats a little be. We are still doing the treatments

My dragon that I rescued from Petco is getting better, I think. She eats like a normal dragon, about 20 crickets a day dusted with a reptisun 10.0 and right temps. Her worms are gone, we've started treating her yellow fungus, at home. Im using Tinactin (not sure how to spell it) its for humans, to treat/prevent fungal infections like athletes foot etc... Do you guys think it will work? Ive only been treating for 3 days, once a day applying the cream. Also, could someone please tell me how to create my own thread? Im new :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom