Regarding Adenovirus

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Regarding Adenovirus

Postby BigTime » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:34 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hey Folks,

Making the final preparations for getting a baby dragon and I believe this is the last thing I really need to study up on.

From what I've gathered, a beardie can be a carrier for adenovirus, but still live a normal and healthy life. So with that said, if my beardie is acting healthy, eating, and doesn't display any odd behavior, is it something I really need to be concerned about?

I tried looking for breeders that have negative tested colonies, but it seems they are almost non existent.

I plan on taking my beardie to the vet after he gets settled in to get a fecal sample analyzed either way, just trying to gather as much info as I can.

Thanks!
BigTime
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Regarding Adenovirus

Postby Gail » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:23 am

As long as its healthy and you aren't breeding, its nothing to be really concerned about. A regular vet can't test for adeno as its a specialized test. You would have to send a sample off to get analyzed.
Gail
BD.org Addict

Re: Regarding Adenovirus

Postby kcarello » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:44 pm

If you want to test your baby dragon, pm Drache613,,she can help you get it tested.
Kelly, Mom to Puff, Deuce and Cheza
kcarello
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases