Coccidia cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

imcallumwbu

Hi there, my bearded dragon is on medication for coccidia shes on Liquid Coccidiocide 5% along with a probiotic treatment, i was wondering that, as far as tank cleaning goes, have i done enough? While she is in her empty tank i have takenout all her rocks and wooden logs and bleach cleaned them, baked them in the oven, and then bleach cleaned them again, and then i bleach cleaned the plastic fake plants twice, will this be enough so i can put them back in her tank when i haveher cleared for coccidia? Thanks

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
Sounds like tank one is ready to go once the residue clears off.
But you know that tank two is a breeding ground for it and needs daily cleaning also?

Best way to combat any illness is to have two isolation tanks, switch them every other day and clean the unused one really well so its ready to be used again. Reason why a naked tank is so much better during those times.

FYI- it might be best to throw out all the wood and other furniture and start fresh. Cocci is a nasty bug.

joea

Hatchling Member
imcallumwbu":1x2syj31 said:
Hi there, my bearded dragon is on medication for coccidia shes on Liquid Coccidiocide 5% along with a probiotic treatment, i was wondering that, as far as tank cleaning goes, have i done enough? While she is in her empty tank i have takenout all her rocks and wooden logs and bleach cleaned them, baked them in the oven, and then bleach cleaned them again, and then i bleach cleaned the plastic fake plants twice, will this be enough so i can put them back in her tank when i haveher cleared for coccidia? Thanks
Remember, bleach and chlorhexidine solutions do not kill coccidia! Professional Concentrated Disinfectant is an effective, no rinse germicidal detergent used in labs, hospitals, veterinary clinics, farms, grooming shops and breeding facilities. One ounce of concentrate will make a gallon of solution that is pseudomonacidal, staphylocidal, salmonellacidal, fungicidal, virucidal and coccidiocidal. It is considered a hospital disinfectant when mixed at 1oz per gallon modified in the presence of of hard water up to 400 ppm and a contact time of 10 minutes.
http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/product&path=73&product_id=463
Spike1etta":1x2syj31 said:
FYI- it might be best to throw out all the wood and other furniture and start fresh. Cocci is a nasty bug.
Professional Concentrated Disinfectant can be used to clean all cage furniture by spraying or saturating surfaces, scrub to remove any feces or debris with a brush, sponge or cloth, keep surfaces wet up to 10 minutes for full effect. Allow to dry, no need to rinse unless used on feeding bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom