Yellow Fungus?

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Yellow Fungus?

Postby icelore » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I think I've read too much on this forum and now have made myself paranoid. :(

Ridley has a lot of yellowish color under his chin and around his neck. It's like a greenish-yellow color, it was faint at first, but has gotten to it's present color over the past few weeks. Could this be yellow fungus? I was under the impression that their bellies and necks should be white, and this yellow goes from his beard down to between his front legs. :/ He's also got streaks of his orange body color on these areas as well, so it's just part of his natural color, right?

Taken with a flash, it seems to have washed out some of the yellow, but you can see it's mostly around his neck folds and down towards his chest.

No flash, just natural light, you can see the color a lot better. I pulled his neck skin taught so you can see the whole area. You can see the bits of orange coloration in the area as well. This pi is closest to the true color of the area.

Washed out with flash again, but you can see how the color goes around under his chin and back to the tops of his shoulders.

No flash, but it looks like that same sickly yellow color runs along his sides right under his spikes - so maybe normal, yes? It's just all the other dragons' bellies I've seen have been white. :/ His legs are normally as orange as his back, they're just dull grey from pre-shed.

So what do you guys think? Any "yellow" color makes me panic after reading all the heart wrenching stories on this forum. :(
Critters close to my heart:
Kessen & Inde the Shetland Sheepdogs,
Ridley the bearded dragon,
Merlin the cockatiel/attack pigeon
and Lark the ferret! :D
icelore
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Yellow Fungus?

Postby Gail » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Looks like natural coloring to me. Yellow fungus will be scabby and raised.
Gail
BD.org Addict

Postby AHBD » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Gail is 100% correct. I've seen lots of beardies with full, partial or speckled color on their throats, bellies + even to the underneath of the tail. Nothing to worry about at all. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby dragonlover3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Looks like a beautiful beardie with yellow coloring.
dragonlover3
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Esther19 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Agreed. He's just fine. :D
Esther19
BD.org Addict

Postby miggie778899 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 am

He looks like a pretty healthy little fellow to me. :)
If you suspect he has yellow fungus again looks for scratchy raised yellow parts.
Owner of a beautiful Beardie<33 Godzilla<33
miggie778899
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases