Effective treatment of parasites

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Effective treatment of parasites

Postby saiyan25 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hello guys,

I've had my bearded dragon for about 2-3 months now. After the first month, he was diagnosed with 'tons' (according to the vet) of coccidia and pinworms. He was treated with ponazuril for coccidia and pyrantel for pinworms. My bearded dragon just had another fecal exam done, and he had no pinworms and only a few coccidia (less than 5 counts per view). He had another dose of ponazuril after the exam. I'm very happy that those medicines worked well after just one treatment. I'm aware of other medicines such as albon and panacure that need to be used continuously, and mess up the digestive system. I highly recommend ponazuril and pyrantel if there are any bearded dragons with parasites! :blob5:
saiyan25
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Effective treatment of parasites

Postby claudiusx » Thu May 23, 2013 7:25 pm

I am very glad you had success in eliminating parasites. It sure is a pain to deal with, on our ends and the dragons.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Re: Effective treatment of parasites

Postby kahryngould » Tue May 28, 2013 5:52 pm

You have to bring yourn own to get a fecal exam done, right? Lol. I know it sounds like a stupid question but can you imagine how embarassing if that weren't the case
kahryngould
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases