parasite help!

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

parasite help!

Postby kheaven35 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:23 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hey guys! my baby is about 4 1/2 months old and I'm pretty sure he has a higher level of parasites. His poop all last week wasnt very solid and he seemed lethargic plus wouldn't eat much. After switching his bulbs he seemed to perk up and is now eating normally. His poop was a lot better today but still had a lot of liquid surrounding it and it smelled horrible. I asked a knowledgable reptile friend what to do and she told me to give him Panacur but she wasn't sure about the dose. Anyone ever used this before?
kheaven35
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: parasite help!

Postby kcarello » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm

yes, but you need to have a fecal test done on him to see what kind of parasites he has...there are different meds for different parasites.
Kelly, Mom to Puff, Deuce and Cheza
kcarello
Gray-bearded Poster

Re: parasite help!

Postby Goodtruant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:59 pm

kcarello wrote:yes, but you need to have a fecal test done on him to see what kind of parasites he has...there are different meds for different parasites.

I agree, I would get a fecal done before you medicate. Panacur, might help with pin worms, but not other parasites he might have.
Goodtruant
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases