How does my fecal look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samchavles

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone, so Jerome, my 5.5 month old beardie is only a foot long. About 3 weeks ago he was only 9 inches, then I switched him to Phoniex worms and he's grown 3 inches in that time which is great! But to be on the safe side, I decided to do the DIY Fecal Float. As far as Cocoida, I can't tell if there are any but there is definitely a worm looking shape in one of these slides. This is my first fecal, and 3 days ago I gave him a dose of Fenbendazole and a dose of Liquid Toltrazuril Coccidiocide 5%. It's hard for me to catch fresh fecal since I'm out a lot but this morning he finally let one out so I tested it. How does it look? I don't think it's normal. Sorry for photo quality, was hard to get the camera on the microscope.

mCfmRJN.jpg

AY8ayIw.jpg

w57VNDZ.jpg

c9uTeMf.jpg

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
LaDragonEcho":o1bc6n63 said:
can u do your own fecal exams? :shock:

Not too difficult if you have access to a descent microscope. There are kits you can buy online. Most common parasites are pretty easy to identify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom