Baby Napoleon -formerly titled: Suggestions or link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shara

Original Poster
Way past time for an update on Napeolon's progress.... (I was very discouraged on my last post)

I increased her baths to every day (or every other day max), with Betadine in the water, and religiously applied the anti fungal cream externally 2x a day (morning and night). Also, I started her back on the Intraconazole for 2 weeks (daily), rested 1 week, and then gave it for 2 more weeks (daily). I added acidophiles (from Tracie's site) every day, a few drops, before her baby food. She generally only eats like 1-2 ml of baby food now (usually 1ml). Napoleon really likes the acidophiles, it's flavored with cranberry I think. It seems to get her in the mood to eat.

And as of today.... she has no current YF spots!!!

I'm going to sponge her enclosure down every day with water/Betadine/vinegar mix to try and prevent re-occurrence. The solution dries quickly with the lights on, it's completely dry by the time she finishes her bath/food/med ritual. Now, I'll change back to only 1 week per month of the Intraconazole for the next year.

I am bothered that Napoleon completely stopped eating salad/greens about 5-6 weeks ago. I still offer it daily, but she doesn't touch it. Should I be concerned? She had been so good about eating salad daily without fail. She's nearly to the age she should be eating more salad and less protein, I thought. Napoleon stopped eating her salad around the time that the 3 large YF spots/outbreaks appeared (approximately 5 weeks ago).

Speaking of protein... I'm over-run with breeding Dubias! I am going to offer a few to the manager of the reptile department at my local Petsmart. Her beardie loves them and she has her own small colony.

Cheers,
Shara and Napoleon (whom was promptly in bed at 8 pm)

p.s. Does anyone want to see a recent pic of Napoleon?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

Yes, absolutely! Pictures of Napoleon would be great! :D
How old is she now?
At her age, if she is around a year or so, protein should be 20% or so, with greens & veggies making up the rest. This is not set in stone, but estimated.
She could actually be trying to slow down & brumate as some tend to do around this time of year. A lot of times they will stop eating greens when they begin to slow down.
She doesn't have anymore fungal spots on her now? You can back down on the medication again, that is fine. I am glad she likes the new formulation of the acidophiliz. I think it may be a little sweeter.
At least you have plenty of dubias now!
Your cleaning regime is fine, that should help keep it all disinfected. I would continue to use the betadine bath & the anti fungal cream on any areas that may crop up, if needed. Hopefully that will be it!
Great job with Napoleon.

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
oeqm.jpg

Obviously this is her 'good' side.

c8uv.jpg

Here's recent pics of Napoleon. She's up to 311 grams and gaining! I'll take a pic of the YF side of her face later and post that too. It looks a lot different.

Sorry for the delay on the pics, it's back to school time!

<3 love,

Shara and Napoleon (who is currently hanging from a tree outside getting real sunlight)

shara

Original Poster
Oh here's a couple more pics:

alr2.jpg

swinging at the park

ujko.jpg

at our empty lake (Lake Travis, Austin, Texas)

wzha.jpg

at the greenbelt, contemplating her next dubia

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

I am so sorry I forgot to check back on your thread! :oops:
I have to say Napoleon looks gorgeous for sure! :D Is she eating really well now?
Great job. She sure has gained weight now!
Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

Tracie

shara

Original Poster
Napoleon hasn't been eating much for nearly 2 months. 2-4 dubias every other day or so, and nearly no greens (unless I withhold dubias). She still eats 2-3 ml baby food 2-3 times a week from syringe too (I add multivitamins to the baby food).

Napoleon LOVES the cranberry flavored acidophiles.

She will be 1 year old in December 2013.

- shara

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shara,

That is great Napoleon loves the acidophiliz though! :D
She isn't eating a whole lot right now except for a few dubias & baby food? I hope that she has an improved appetite soon!
She does look great so you are doing wonderful with her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom