I am just curious about parasites/pinworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
I've noticed that dragon owners come across this issue frequently, (Beardies getting parasites etc). & I was just wondering..

1) Is this a common or easily catch-able infection for Beardies?
2) Is there any way to avoid or prevent parasites?
3) How do you know if your own Beardie has parasites etc.
4) What to do if Beardie does have them?

I know I can find an article about all this (which I will go look for right now) but I also wanted to hear from you guys (those with experience or knowledge on the subject). -Thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your post got missed.
The best way to know if your dragon has parasites for sure, is to get a fecal done on him. Usually if the stool is terribly smelly or runny that is a normal indication of parasites/worms.
Low numbers are naturally found in their GI tract as part of their normal bacteria flora. Stress oftentimes causes the levels to get to an amount in which it begins to bother their health.
If you house dragons together, they can infect each other through feces or water, etc. Just keeping the tank clean will drastically cut down on the chances of parasitic outbreaks. Keeping your feeder bins clean as well will cut down on the problems, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom