treatment cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki05

Money has been really tight for us lately.

I have managed to save up enough to get fecals for both our beardies done. I haven't taken them in yet, but before I do I wanted to see about how much it costs for parasite treatment. I'm terrified that I won't be able to afford keeping them healthy. :/ any help or suggestions for less expensive routes are appreciated!

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
You can get the meds on bearddragon.co for cheap, and Im sure someone can hlp you with the proper dosage info. :) I believe that Cheryl does the fecal exams too. So you could maybe go to their site and see how much it cost for them to do all of it for u, depending on how much your looking at paying to get the fecals done now.

Nikki05

Original Poster
Thank you! I did end up just taking in fecals to the vet, terrified of what they would find. I paid 57 total for both dragons.

Good news though They said they didn't have any parasites! I was really shocked because the vet himself said that he normally sees dragons with parasites, though that could also be because he normally doesn't see them until they are having problems (I was paranoid because we had one die 3 weeks after we brought him home). Especially considering that these little guys came from petsmart.

They are both growing well, (I was more concerned that they were had something and rather catch it in the begining I'd have a huge mess to deal with later) yoshi has more than doubled in the past month and so has swampy!

And thank you for the info I'll keep that in mind for next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom