Strange poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has been eating normal basking a ton pooping every day, seems great, however he gets very dark when basking is this normal? he turns almost black at times, his poops have been pretty green, solid but wet looking and white urate. however today his poop was very strange looking here is a picture, should i be worried, parasites maybe, or nothing.........

http://s1268.beta.photobucket.com/user/ladyleslie2013/media/PART_1348003533718_zps198d7879.jpg.html
here the poop above :?:

here is what he looks like, this a pic right after i took him from his basking spot he is very dark, below
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4563417291388&set=a.2169701649993.2130402.1470282257&type=3&theater :?:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Are his tank temps correct and are you measuring the temps with an accurate thermometer?

Dragons will get dark to absorb heat. All of mine do. :D

ladyleslie2013

Original Poster
yes his temps are good around 106 to 110, he basks alot and he regulates( gaping) alot so thats a good sign, hes very active and eats a TON. just though that poop looked weird

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
ladyleslie2013":1rkwtzf3 said:
yes his temps are good around 106 to 110, he basks alot and he regulates( gaping) alot so thats a good sign, hes very active and eats a TON. just though that poop looked weird

I wouldn't be too worried about it. I don't see any bright blood in there, but I do see the pinkish tinge on the urate. A pink urate in a female could be a sign that she is going to lay eggs, but your dragon is a 'he' and looks a bit young if it were even a female. Sometimes there can be a tinge of color to poop if he has eaten foods that have color to them. Has he eaten a red fruit, anything like that?

Does he get his supplements as recommended? How old is he? He looks to be maybe 6 months...? Hard to tell.

ladyleslie2013

Original Poster
Yeah he or she is about 5 months old not sure boy or girl can u tell at five months?. I'm think maybe a girl. No lumps under tail. Anyway dig dug ate a couple small peices of strawberry a couple days ago. Digdug does get calcium powder with d3 dusted on crickets 3 times a week. I am out of the vitamin powderthough and need to buy more. I guess ill just keep an eye on it. No other signs of sickness though. Very happy and active. Digdug sit out side in my lap every day to get a little natural sun aslo has a reptisun 10 tube and basking light he sleeps wropped in a blanket and a hammock at night lol he waits for me to tuck him in every nite so spoiled lol.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
ladyleslie2013":2r111nal said:
Yeah he or she is about 5 months old not sure boy or girl can u tell at five months?. I'm think maybe a girl. No lumps under tail. Anyway dig dug ate a couple small peices of strawberry a couple days ago. Digdug does get calcium powder with d3 dusted on crickets 3 times a week. I am out of the vitamin powderthough and need to buy more. I guess ill just keep an eye on it. No other signs of sickness though. Very happy and active. Digdug sit out side in my lap every day to get a little natural sun aslo has a reptisun 10 tube and basking light he sleeps wropped in a blanket and a hammock at night lol he waits for me to tuck him in every nite so spoiled lol.

Did you name him Digdug after the arcade game...? I can only imagine so...! I used to hang out in the arcades all the time as a kid and I still have my Atari and the game Digdug..! :D

I'm guessing the pink tinge is from eating the strawberry, but if he still has it after not eating that colored food for a while then I would look for another reason.

At 5 months old, do dust the crickets 5 days a week, and the vitamin powder 2 days a week. Three days a week is not enough at his age. You can go down to 3 days a week after he is an adult and starts to slow down eating feeders, between 10-14 months old. :D

He sounds very sweet.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
If you are using this kind of calcium then from my experience give it to him one feeding a day 3 days a week. The picture below is the kind of calcium I use. From trial and error, this is what I have learned from the calcium powder. I kind of heavily dusted Nim's crickets with that calcium powder for the recommended 5 days. It made yellow crystals appear in his urates, which can be a sign of too much calcium. I stopped giving it to him and his bones creaked but the yellow crystals disappeared. I started to give it again but lightly dusted and followed the 5 days rule. Yellow crystals appeared again in his urates. Then I decided to try 3 days a week lightly dusted, the yellow crystals vanished from his urates and his bones didn't creak. I am still doing that and he is growing like a weed. So if you are using this type of calcium follow my experience. Here is a pic of the calcium I use.
P8270007.jpg

Hope this helps. :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
TheWerewolf":1mbr4f24 said:
If you are using this kind of calcium then from my experience give it to him one feeding a day 3 days a week. The picture below is the kind of calcium I use. From trial and error, this is what I have learned from the calcium powder. I kind of heavily dusted Nim's crickets with that calcium powder for the recommended 5 days. It made yellow crystals appear in his urates, which can be a sign of too much calcium. I stopped giving it to him and his bones creaked but the yellow crystals disappeared. I started to give it again but lightly dusted and followed the 5 days rule. Yellow crystals appeared again in his urates. Then I decided to try 3 days a week lightly dusted, the yellow crystals vanished from his urates and his bones didn't creak. I am still doing that and he is growing like a weed. So if you are using this type of calcium follow my experience. Here is a pic of the calcium I use.
P8270007.jpg

Hope this helps. :D

I'd be very curious what a blood calcium level would show up on you dragon. Is your dragon also around 5 months old?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, Nim is around 5 months old. What do you mean blood calcium level? I haven't taken him to the vet yet but will sometime this October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom