Yellow Fungus? PLEASE HELP! I'm super worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrambo

So yesterday I noticed Dexter's beard looked a little more yellow. But googled it and decided it might have been a mood he was in or something. Because I noticed the yellowness while we were in Petco. (I work there and brought him in to show coworkers). I noticed today his beard still looked a little yellow. and the back of his head has always been a very palish grey yellow but it looks a little brighter now. Here's some pics:
p6XOI.jpg
v66Z3.jpg

zQFHD.jpg

You can barely even see the yellow in the pics. but there's a little bit of yellow there. trust me.
He had a fecal test done about a month ago and came back positive with coccidia. He is on Albon (.04 cc / daily.) its barely a drop. He was scheduled to be on it for a month, ending Friday. I was never told about probiotics and never gave him any. So i'm hoping this isn't the beginning of yellow fungus. but i'm really scared it is. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Everyone here seems to be a genius.
P.S. His mother and father were both very yellow. So maybe he's just changing color? idk.
Mom:
IMG_7102.JPG

Dad:
IMG_7079.JPG

PLEASE HELP! I'm desperate!!!!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Not an expert, but it looks like color change. I could be wrong, but beardies do gain color as they grow. My Nim has yellow on his beard that came after last shed. And yellow on his legs. Hope this helps. :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I also think there's just color change, and the patch on the back of the head is skin shedding. Beardie's will have the craziest sheds....so be prepared for it. Sometimes just the head, or half the head [ like yours ], sometimes just the legs, or 2 legs, etc. But I'd say everything looks normal, and the parent dragons are beauties !

Tonja

BD.org Addict
i would also agree that he is coming into his colors with shedding. I dont think its anything for you to worry about. Looking at his parents, yours is just starting to show his colors,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom