Worm and no idea what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
We bought a baby bearded Dragon from the local petstore (petsmart) around one week ago.
Everyhting went fine(he had one day with no appetite, but everything went back to normal on the next day).
Today I´ve found a tiny, little worm in his feces. It was alive ...Yuck..
I immediately looked in my beardi book and on the internet and came to the conclusion that he has parasites.
I then called the petsmart and asked them if they would pay the vet´s bill, because they gave us a 2 weeks warranty on him( even though I really dont like the idea of havin a "warranty" on an animal). They told me they wont, but I could bring him to the petsmart and they would take care of him. And if hes getting better then we would get him back. Well I dont trust those petsmart people anymore. They gave us a s*** load of false information etc , their enclosures at the store are way to small ,they feed them the wrong things..just horrible. I really dont wanna bring him back to there. I would feel terrible.
I already called the vet and it would be around 200 dollas for us if we bring him to the vet.
What is your guys opinion?
Shell I see a vet ASAP or do you think I can wait another day or two and keep cheking his feces etc?

argh I´m just really,really mad about petsmart...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Spikey....how is your baby doing ? What you might do is Google pinworms, and see if that's what type it is. If it is, you might get some worm meds. from bearded dragon.co [ she's a member on here ] and she can also suggest dosing amounts for size of baby. It's usually best to wait until the baby is bigger before giving meds., as long as they are doing well otherwise. It's up to you whether you want to keep + treat him or return. Hope it works out...!!

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey,

sorry I was quit busy the last few weeks.
But luckily Spikey is doing fine. I´ve never seen another worm again. Just that one. So I don´t know what it was or where it came from,but hes doing perfectly fine. He´s active, eating his crickets(sometimes I wonder how many crickets can fit in this tiny little body :D ) and some veggis, gaining weight, I´m just totally happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom