Parasite Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I am basing this off two odd poops and we don't have the money for a vet if he does have them. I'm going to post a few questions to see if he has parasites or not.

1. Is there always smelly runny poop with parasites?
2. What type of parasites do crickets carry?
3. Is there always weight loss and loss of appetite with parasites?
4. Is there always lethargy with parasites?
5. Is there inconsistency with pooping? Like, good poop, bad poop, good poop, good poop, bad poop.
6. Does the beardie poop less or more with parasites?

I may have more. Just please kind people, answer these questions to give me piece of mind if my Nim doesn't have parasites. Or answer these questions for me to beg mom to find the money to give my lizard a check up if he does have them. I have the proper UVB, repticarpet substrate, good temps, happy energetic piggy dragon and perfect humidity.

Thanks in advance for replies. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
Those are good questions.

Parasites depending on the levels, will cause lethargic behavior, weight loss, diarrhea & bouts of constipation simply due to the intestinal upset & disturbance.
The stools are normally overly smelly most of the times, but there are exceptions. You can normally distinguish what normal is for your dragon after a short period of time.
Crickets can be carriers of pinworms if they are not kept clean.
They may or may not have weight loss. It just depends on how bad the levels are & if the appetite has been markedly decreased or not. The higher levels usually accompany weight loss on some levels most of the time. They can get very dehydrated from diarrhea & or loose stools.

I hope this helps out some!

Tracie

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks. Then my Nim doesn't have parasites. Well, I can't tell for sure exactly yet because he is fighting a slight impaction. I'll keep those answers in mind once his impaction is cleared out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom