Salmonella and kids question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndavila

Our bd Jengo is mostly my nine year old sons pet that I help him with, but I have a 2 year old daughter who really wants to pet and hold Jengo. My question is what are her chances of possibly getting Salmonella from him if we make sure to wash her hands before and after she handles him. She would be under constant adult supervision during any handling and most likely would only hold him for a only few seconds before she changes her mind about wanting to hold him. I just want to make sure I am not putting her in any danger, my son and I always wash our hands before and after any handling as well. Thanks for any insight.

Naline
Mommy to 2 human kids
1 baby bd- Jengo
1 Dog- Jewell
4 Fish

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As long as the dragon is kept clean & your daughter does not handle the feces directly then her chances of getting salmonella are pretty much zero. As you are already doing, washing your hands is the best way to avoid salmonella & keeping the tank clean.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom