first beardie, first parasite problem...lots of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone so im treating marbles for coccidia and pinworms.

i have started other threads in other forums about feeding and stuff but thought i may get a more complete answer to my questions here.

i have a few silly questions:

1) would she benefit by giving her doses of critical care even if her appetite is still okay? shes not eating as much, but shes still eating! today she had 12 crickets, cant find the other three of them haha... also had some escarole out of my hands...

2)how do you make slurries? what are some staple ingredients for them and how would she benefit from that as apposed to critical care?

3)if im giving her daily baths but taking her out as soon as she poops, is that okay? or should i empty/refill her tub and let her back in?

4)she is on albon and panacur right now, i ordered toltrazuril from bd.co and it should be here in a few weeks.... should i stop the albon course for a while before starting the toltrazuril? should i even bother? i ordered it because i heard albon was rough on them but she so far seems okay... (although its only been three days so its really early to be saying that)

5)last question for now i promise!! i've ordered the professional cleaner as well as critical, carnivore care, acidopholiz, bee pollen, syringes, the toltrazuril, probiotics, scoops, as well as bearded dragon wash to wash her poops off.... is there ANYTHING else from this website that i should order?(bd.co) even if its just something small i want to order it now so i dont have three orders going, i made the mistake of hitting checkout and going through whilst forgetting half my list before haha. so if theres anything anyone can recommend please let me know!

thank you so much for even reading this, i have an anxiety disorder and i get...well.. a little over the top when things like this happen..

marlimarbles

Original Poster
i have another question!!

marbles is about ten months old, when i took her to the vet she weighed her and said oh shes 362 grams thats a perfect weight.

but reading this forum i see most weights are a bit higher however a few of those might be older dragons...

i was wondering if she was accurate with that statement? should i put more weight on her? i feel like a few six month olds are as big/bigger than she is....

poor girl. she has a constant black beard now :(

marlimarbles

Original Poster
just an update.

marbles doesnt seem to be eating or pooping anymore, so im ready to give her some critical care..

hope someone comes by to answer the slurries question, i should post a picture of the one i tried to make - it was a watery mess!! although i was kind of deprived all my life so it was also the first time using a blender :p

also does anyone has any tricks on opening her mouth aside from food association? i tried the credit card thing, no avail, at first i just opened her lip and ran it up and forth its about all i can do and it takes like 30 minutes for her to finally open her mouth

Mariah94

Juvie Member
I would try posting in the health/ER section for answers to your questions or PMing one of the popular members. I would answer your questions if I could, sorry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....O.K., I hope I can ease your anxiety some. First off, how high were her parasite /coccidia counts ? If they weren't high, you don't actually need to treat her. As for weight, it is all relative...in other words, at 15", she would be chubby. If she is 17-18", it would be fine. If she were 19", a little on the lean side. So you see they are all different. I would venture to say that her weight is average to above average for a normal 10 month old. so....don't worry ! As far as slurries, use turnip, mustard, collard greens and any type f feeder insect you want. This doesn't mean she will like it...you can experiment with blueberries, strawberries added, etc. You just can't tell what she might like. Thirdly.....if she gets to where her fecals come back positive after weeks of treatment, it may be best to give her a break from those meds. All the stress and constant harassing to open their mouths to pop unwanted medicine in can harm them more than carrying a light parasite load. So be on the alert, I've seen threads where people try for 3,4, 5 months...it's just not worth it and your'e better off with some parasites and a dragon that eats well + has good weight than a dragon that refuses to eat for long periods because it is sick from the meds. Don't worry too much !

marlimarbles

Original Poster
thank you that definitely helps !!!

the vet never gave me a total count just said they were "quite high" i can certainly call and ask for the numbers though im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom