Mild Coccidia? Umm... what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Okay, I just got back from the vet.. I took a sample in and the diagnoses is mild coccidia? she said that she seen 6 eggs...idk. This is my first beardie, and this was his 1st fecal ( ive had him 3 weeks) She said hes too small to treat for it bc the meds would do more harm than good? hes 6 3/4'' long and weighs 20g.. she suggested we wait a month then do another fecal and go from there.. his poos are normal, well formed, not too stinky... he normally eats relatively well ( he just had a full body shed, so appetites a little down atm) Is there anything I should/need to do in the meantime? :banghead:

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok... looking at some other post I guess I need to say she seen 6 eggs TOTAL.. on the whole slide.. she said she seen 1, then would move a few frames then see another.. etc etc

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
I wouldn't even call that mild coccidia, ~1 count doesn't need to be treated. Still, you should bring in another sample to double check in a month or so though.

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh, I'll definitely be taking in another next month.. He's my 1st beardie and I worry so much. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do in the meantime to hlp him out with getting rid of these little buggers. I'd hate to think that its gonna make him sick :( I'm so attached to the little guy.

Charmaine25

Hey! Mine has coccidiosis at the moment so I have done a lot of research, you need to be super clean with everything, at the moment mine has the bare minimum in her viv as you have to constantly disinfect/clean, she is on paper towels with just her home & log in there. Every time she poos I clean it straight away then disinfect her viv, it's about breaking the life cycle of the coccidia when they poo they sometimes walk thought it/there life food will walk through it then they ingest it again so the cycle starts again, also any live food that's in there once they have pooped dispose of them as they could be contaminated. Mines been diagnosed & is on meds tho so this is why I'm being a bit ott I want her clear of it.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom