Possibly Coccidia (Help With Diagnosis Please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Moose was recently treated for pinworms, vet said his fecal came out clear of everything a week or two ago. I noticed his poo lost its nasty funk, but it came back... went away again (weird right?) and now it's been real bad these last two days. I bought one of those cheap microscopes from cheryl's website and gave it a look. I didn't see pinworms, but I see clumps of what appear to be extremely tiny dots... Now this thing doesn't focus too well, so I can't be positive, but I think it's coccidia. I'm sure some of you have experience with this microscope so maybe you can help. Is this how coccidia would appear to look on this microscope? All I can see are big clumps of super tiny dots which I can hardly make out... Thanks in advance,

i-r6cx5hF-X2.jpg

i-s67x6KT-X2.jpg

i-4hTdKKR-X2.jpg

i-gTHW5Xq-X2.jpg

DJDragons

At 100x, you should be able to make them out quite easily.

We use a digital Celestron and here's a fecal image with Coccidia taken from our microscope at 100x.

This isn't a heavy count, but does a good job of showing what you can expect. From the current images you've posted. I can only make out fecal matter.

461203_289997741071105_36388215_o.jpg

Hope this helps!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks David, that does help a lot (I'm saving that image for future reference). My microscope was set to 100x so I think it's safe to say he's clean. I ended up sending these pictures to Cheryl and she also said it didn't look like coccidia... I really had no idea what it would look like. I was going off the diagnosis pictures from her website with a clue that read, "on your microscope, coccidia will appear half this size".

I guess I just wasn't ready to trust that vet :lol: Thanks again!
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom