Pinworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The vet didn't know what he saw in the fecal? I would definitely ask for a refund! Maybe you should look for another vet? That doesn't sound very professional. He should have at least tried to look it up and figure it out.

And no, I didn't medicate. After talking to a mod on here, we decided that the pinworm count was low and didn't need to be treated, and also that his change in appetite and sleep could be a semi- brumation or just an overall slow down. He's still been gaining weight and looks healthy so she suggested I wait it out. I only saw 3 pinworms on the whole slide though, I think to treat you should see about 4 in a single view.

From what I've heard, pinworms aren't terribly hard to treat. Are you going to do 10 days on, 2 days off, then another 10 days? Im pretty sure after that, as long as your keeping the enclosure clean, they should be gone. :)

ynevar

Juvie Member
Isn't that nuts?

Jessh!

I am going to treat both of them... based on their counts.

I am used to keeping enclosure clean with the coccidia... just can't wait to be done with it all.... eeeeeeeek!

I'll go in on Monday and talk with their office staff and request a refund.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If they're at all decent I think they'll give you the refund.

Regardless, good look with treating them!

ynevar

Juvie Member
Thank you Katie!

I have a new baby!!! OMG... check out my thread in general discussion! My rescue... WOW!

I am doing fecal test on him tomorrow as soon as he poohs. I am SURE there is something going on there. I could be wrong, but with all that dead matter and the crickets all over in that smelly bark... I bet there is some parasite.

I'll post it in here if he does.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom