Toltrazuril tummy troubles PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Hi All-

We did our second dose yesterday. We have had normal poops all along. Usually she goes once a day in the bath.
Today, she went twice in her cage. Poops still look normal. However, I can't get her to eat today :( .
I just out her in the bath and it looks like she is trying to poop, but she just passed a tiny bit of urate, and then what looked like a tiny little wet fart... Please excuse my description... Whoops, scratch that... my daughter just called me over to look. She just release a couple of mishapen poops with a couple phoenix worms in it.

She is angry right now because I wouldn't let her out of the bath when she wanted. I've never had her black beard before, and the last inch and a half of her tail is black too.
Do you think she has an upset tummy? I've given her probiotics the past two days, but I'm not sure how harsh the medicine is.

Can you guys help? This is my first big worry.

I'm going to try to feed her again as soon as her colors turn back to normal.

BTW- Temps are good, lighting is good, substrate is good, she's usually a very good eater. I had just happened to take her to the vet for a check up and a fecal. They found coccidia...Hence the Toltrazuril.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I forgot to say that I did a fecal float today, and her coccidia counts are WAY down now. I only saw a couple eggs.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for all the posts. Beard is back to normal, tail is back to normal. She is basking. I offered crickets, and phoenix worms...no go. Unless she ate some of her phoenix worms today while I was at work...she has eaten nothing.
I'm just not used to her not eating. I just cant seem to find anything that would tell me if this is normal after meds. Her head is a little ashy, I know sh'es gonna start shedding it within a week...but that never makes her cranky or puts her off her food. Ugh..

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I guess I'll just keep updating you guys. Hopefully someone will chime in.
I tried again to feed her. She just closed her eyes and pretended like I wasn't there. That's her code for telling me that she's full.
I just wish I knew if this was normal behaviour after doing a round of meds.

ynevar

Juvie Member
I am curious as well... my little ones will be starting a round of Toltrazuril...

I hope it goes smoothly.

Hope to hear more about it. Do you give Acidopholiz too?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just wondering, since the coccidia counts are low now, you might discontinue the meds .? You might p.m. Drache613 about that...[ Tracie ] is up on all the advice about meds.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did discontinue meds. She only got two doses, per the instructions. So, this is day 2 without the meds. She still refuses to eat. I got a couple of drops of probiotics in her this morning, but that is it. I've been using the acidophiliz this whole time. I'm so worried.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, some dragons do stop eating, losing their appetite, when on those type of meds. Hopefully she'll regain her appetite now that she's no longer taking them. Iwouldn't get too worried.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok. It's just worrisome.
This morning, she pooped in her cage. I can see that she was glass dancing, trying to get out.
Anyway, she had a tiny bit of normal poo surrounded by slimy mucousy water. It was tinged with pink from the acidopholiz...
Can you give too much acidopholiz? What's with the mucous?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Geico did the same thing, vet told me to just watch him and he should be ok. I think the meds are a bit harsh on their systems even wih the acidopholiz. I wouldnt worry..gave geico a drop of bene bac and hes brighter than he has been in 3 days...running around now and glass dancing..had him outside for about 20 mins in bright sunlight...i think that helped a lot

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Tried wax worms...she wouldn't touch them. This is day two with no eating.
She took a couple sips of Acidopholiz off of the dropper, and took a couple drops of water off her nose. She looks miserable....
Reptaid should be on it's way. Probably wont get here until Monday or Tuesday though.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

lilblack94gt

Hatchling Member
Have you tried baby food squash and chicken mixed together? When my dragons wont eat, I try that. Sometimes they eat that when they won't eat anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom