Injecting Toltrazuril in crickets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have difficulty giving my little girl this medicine, unless it is disguised....
She only drinks water in the bath, on her terms. No dripping watter on her head etc. She'll let it sit there all day. :roll:
Can I take a clean insulin needle, and inject her medicine into a cricket or a couple crickets after I freeze them for a sec, and then feed her the said crickets? (she eats her crickets that way anyway, cold and slow moving)
Do you think the medicine is too thick for that? It's the Toltrazuril 2.5%. She's only 66 grams...Well, she was last week. I'll weigh her before I administer of course.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Nope, that should work really well!

Just make sure she eats ALL the crickets that have been injected, so that she gets the full dose. :mrgreen:

trinity040400

Juvie Member
I just did the same thing today only using silk worms work good except that Tohru is 500g and needs 2cc of the stuff, thats a lot of silk worms, so ended up just putting it on his nose.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, I got her to take the acidophilus right off her nose. I just gave her a few drops. (please excuse my spelling, I'm not looking directly at the bottles)
Then I was hoping she would take the Toltrazuril off her nose....nope.
I tried injecting the crickets with the medicine, but it didn't work too well. It would have worked much better with large crickets.
Next, I decided I would just dip the crickets in the medicine and just hand feed them to her. That did the trick!

What are the normal reactions to the medicine, if any? Anything I should watch for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom