Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
First, I'd like to apologize ahead of time if I'm just being paranoid! But, its better to be safe and ask, then regret it later, so here it goes..

I noticed after Norbert's last shed he now has very light yellow spots on his abdomen. They're pretty evenly spaced and seem to be just a pattern he has. After reading some info on yellow fungus, however, it made me nervous. I couldn't find any pictures that look exactly like what he has, so I don't really think he has it...but I just wanted to get some reassurance. I took a few pictures to show you what I mean.

Any thoughts? Besides the color the scales look no different from the white ones.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like pattern. I've seen many yellow belly beardies... on some high color citrus dragons, there can be quite a bit of it. Some dragons have what looks like a " cheetah" or leopard pattern, with the color primarily in the rosettes [ in the stress circles ]

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Before I saw that other thread I was assuming that they all had plain white bellies, which is probably why I over reacted by posting this thread.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
I've noticed that sometimes before a shed, the belly looks a little yellowish in some spots. Once they shed that area, it is creamy white beneath!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He got the yellow after his last shed. It seems like it's just some new coloring showing as he grows.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, they don't all have perfectly white bellies. It appears yours has a nice yellow pattern starting, it is beautiful.
It doesn't really look like yellow fungus, thankfully!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom