You think this steamer will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a steamer locally - to disinfect Stanley's cage and blow this coccidia away once and for all - and having absolutely no luck. :banghead:

I was just about to give up and order one on Amazon, and then I drove past a Sears appliance outlet and figured "What the heck..." and I found this steamer there on clearance for $17.00

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Gs33r-...sr=8-6&keywords=conair+compact+fabric+steamer

Do you think it will work? I have had it in my mind that I need one of those "spot shot" dealies, and this says its for fabric... But it seems like the same concept? It has a 1000w heater - will that get the steam hot enough, do you think?

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Cool, thank you! :mrgreen:

I figured if it wasn't good, then I wouldn't feel too bad about it since it was on clearance and I'd find other uses for it.

"What are YOU doing this Friday night"
Me: "Oh, I'm just going to battle coccidia like a boss." *walks off slow-mo into the darkness, steamer in one hand, paper towels in the other*

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Me: "Oh, I'm just going to battle coccidia like a boss." *walks off slow-mo into the darkness, steamer in one hand, paper towels in the other*[/quote]

:laughhard:

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
It is stuff like this that always has me on here
Me: "Oh, I'm just going to battle coccidia like a boss." *walks off slow-mo into the darkness, steamer in one hand, paper towels in the other*

Were all CRAZY and I Love it!!!! :mrgreen:

ynevar

Juvie Member
Oh my gosh, this thread has me laughing so hard!

hahahha paper towels!!!!

Steamer in hands...

Oh my...

Thank you!

lilblack94gt

Hatchling Member
I have been doing research on steamers too as I need to get one. Is there a certain wattage you want? I am not sure how hot a steamer would have to get to kill coccidia in a cage. Any insight on this?

ynevar

Juvie Member
It needs to get over 165 degrees to kill coccidia.

I have a steamer, that broke :banghead:

Also a 10% solution of ammonia also works. I put mine in a spray bottle and use that.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
You need to keep the steam-head pointed upwards only, at all times, so that condensation can drop back down into the steamer. If you point the head in any other direction, you'll definitely get a little water. The instructions clearly point that out. <this is but one review on how it spits water and you have to keep the head of the steamer pointed upwards>
I have read the reviews on it and it apparantly spits water. Since its a steamer for fabric I have to also wonder if the steam is gonna be hot enough. I have a scunci steamer and the steam measure with a probed thermometer at 185 degrees when the machine is fully heated, but they are very expensive if you get one will all the attachements like I did <I have lupus and like steam cleaning over chemicals> although you can get one fairly cheaply from amazon if you wanna go the route of a scunci. if you get the one you showed hope it works out for you!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
I bought a cheap clothing steamer from bb&b a while back after I moved- hated it. I had already gotten used to pressurized steam cleaners and that weak little thing just doesnt cut it. Anyway, I bought the one I had before I moved (again) and it takes care of everything. Pressurized steamers blast that stuff so much better. The one I have is the handheld model by Hoover, it costs around $80 from Walmart but IMO its worth it... You can use it anywhere in the house too- it has attachments for all sorts of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom