Need help with coccidia count

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Weighing him is going to be the next huddle :roll: but the other day he let me slide my hand under his belly so he was resting on my hand! :blob5: Progress!! I dont think he will like being put into a bowl and weighed though. :angry5:

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have anther question, this is about my other dragon Kira. She has not pooped for about 1 week or 2 but she finally pooped today so i did a fecal on her. She does not have any coccidia THANK GOD, but she does have a ton of pinworm eggs.

The thing is since she hasnt pooped in so long could that be the reason the count is so high or do you think i should go ahead and treat her? What is the best med to up for pinworms?

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
trinity040400":3jb13ms1 said:
I have anther question, this is about my other dragon Kira. She has not pooped for about 1 week or 2 but she finally pooped today so i did a fecal on her. She does not have any coccidia THANK GOD, but she does have a ton of pinworm eggs.

The thing is since she hasnt pooped in so long could that be the reason the count is so high or do you think i should go ahead and treat her? What is the best med to up for pinworms?

Hmmm... I wouldn't think the pinworm eggs would build up to a higher concentration just because she hadn't pooped in a while, but I could be wrong. If the count is that high, I would personally go ahead and treat for it using Panacur or Panacur+ ...you can find those meds cheaply here >>> http://www.beardeddragons.co/beardeddragon/index.php?route=product/category&path=60. If Tracie has a different opinion about treatment, then definitely let her trump me lol :D

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I have it in my cart at beardeddragon.co, along with a lot of other stuff :roll: My first time on that site, they have a lot of really cool stuff!

Thanks for the post :D

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
trinity040400":3j2twzcy said:
Yeah I have it in my cart at beardeddragon.co, along with a lot of other stuff :roll: My first time on that site, they have a lot of really cool stuff!

Thanks for the post :D

Geeze you have nooooo idea how much $$$ I've spent on that site! It's very much worth it though and Cheryl, the owner is so kind and patient with the millions of questions I'm always asking her lol (Jessica is a co-owner, but I don't know her well).

Speaking of sites to spend money on... whatever you do, don't go here >>> http://www.lizardluxuries.com/ it will bankrupt you!!! lol

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh no please no more lol.

Do you know if I can medicate the one that has the pinworms if she might be carrying infertile eggs?

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
trinity040400":y8qsunlv said:
Oh no please no more lol.

Do you know if I can medicate the one that has the pinworms if she might be carrying infertile eggs?

Well, the only logic I have behind that is... eggs = system stress & medication = system stress, and system stress + system stress = not good. However, high parasite counts = system stress too, so I'm reeeeally not sure about that one, but very curious as to what the answer would be. I think this is a conundrum for Tracie :wink:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If her counts were that high for pinworms, it would be fine to medicate her for them with Panacur. It is a safe drug as long as it is dosed properly.
Are you positive that she has infertile eggs?
The Panacur shouldn't harm the infertile eggs but could dehydrate her. So if you do go ahead & medicate, be sure to keep her well hydrated so in case she decides to lay she wont be too dehydrated. It would be a good idea though to get the levels to a more acceptable area.

Tracie

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":273i0efz said:
Hello,

If her counts were that high for pinworms, it would be fine to medicate her for them with Panacur. It is a safe drug as long as it is dosed properly.
Are you positive that she has infertile eggs?
The Panacur shouldn't harm the infertile eggs but could dehydrate her. So if you do go ahead & medicate, be sure to keep her well hydrated so in case she decides to lay she wont be too dehydrated. It would be a good idea though to get the levels to a more acceptable area.

Tracie

No I am not sure she has eggs, that is something that i have been trying to find out about but so far I have gotten no responses :banghead: , but if she does then they are infertile.

I have been giving her a bath every other day so that should help her stay hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom