Does novalsan kill coccida?

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Does novalsan kill coccida?

Postby Valerie » Sat May 12, 2012 5:51 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

My bd has a high count of coccida[ I took a smaple in after she stopped eating]. I read here that ammonia works well after you clean up the poop but I am worried about the fumes so do you think Novalsan would do the trick too?
Valerie
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Does novalsan kill coccida?

Postby morphmom » Tue May 15, 2012 6:36 pm

I honestly don't know if novalsan kills coccidia but I bleached my tank, dried it out, aired it out, and then I spot cleaned the messes with rubbing alchol as the fumes were gone in the time it takes to soak Myah. I'll let you know if it worked as soon as I know. Wish you well. Coccidia just plain sucks.
ImageImageImageHolly
morphmom
BD.org Addict

Postby Valerie » Wed May 16, 2012 5:45 am

I am treating her for coccida and she is still in the tank. I wanted to know what I can clean up her poop with that won't put off lots of fumes.
Valerie
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby NoxnGeorgieT » Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 pm

The wonderful folks at Beautiful Dragons have a page on their website listing which cleaners kill what stuff: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Disinfectants.html. According to the site, Novalsan does NOT kill coccidia, unfortunately.
NoxnGeorgieT
Hatchling Poster

Postby Valerie » Wed May 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks a bunch. i just ordered some stuff from Cheryl's, Rio reptile website. I really enjoyed this informative info. Thanks. I am going to keep it as a reference.
Valerie
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:01 am

Hello,

No, unfortunately novalsan does not kill coccidia. The most effective way to kill it is through steaming, which is a bit time consuming but does help out a lot.
How are things coming along with cleaning the tank?

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Valerie » Sun May 20, 2012 3:57 pm

I haven't gotten the stuff from Cheryl yet.But
*I have been taking out sunshine/charlotte and having to use ammonia. I don't like to expose her to the fumes so she gets some out of the tank time. She doesn't mind.
I like the name Sunshine and decided on that but last week we went to a meeting and went thru a town called Charlotte. All of the sudden my son said what about naming your bd charlotte. I instantly fell in love with the name and I wnat to change her name to that but my 4 yr old son wants to keep it sunshine so we are doing name battling here. :banghead:
Valerie
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby XtinaBeardieMom » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Valerie wrote:I like the name Sunshine and decided on that but last week we went to a meeting and went thru a town called Charlotte. All of the sudden my son said what about naming your bd charlotte. I instantly fell in love with the name and I wnat to change her name to that but my 4 yr old son wants to keep it sunshine so we are doing name battling here. :banghead:

Whenever I was a child and the whole family couldn't agree on what to name a new pet - the pet would be given both a first and middle name as a compromise. So tell your 4-year-old that your beardie's name is Charlotte Sunshine <insert "last name" here> lol... my family even ended up with goldfish who had full proper names hahaha, good luck! :D
Mom to Lotus & Captain, and Monster (RIP my sweet baby girl)

Formerly known as "XtinaLotusMonster"
XtinaBeardieMom
Juvie Poster

Postby Valerie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm

I was thinking of doing judt that. Haha. Now, will the bd get confused??? :roll:
Valerie
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby XtinaBeardieMom » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Valerie wrote:I was thinking of doing judt that. Haha. Now, will the bd get confused??? :roll:

Hahaha no, just use her middle name only when she's in BIG trouble lmao :laughhard:
Mom to Lotus & Captain, and Monster (RIP my sweet baby girl)

Formerly known as "XtinaLotusMonster"
XtinaBeardieMom
Juvie Poster

Postby Valerie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:33 am

That is to funny! I will do just that. The smile of the day.
Valerie
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases