Beadie has saliva, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4month old male bd, temps are good ive had one before so im on top of the general stuff, recetly he has been leaving a trail of saliva like substance. He has also been more aggresive towards my female same age and is a half sister. does not let her eat, he will eat EVERY feeder i put in there untill i stop even if hes too fat to move so i have to take him out for my female to eat. my concern is the saliva i have noticed when he gaps his mouth to thermoregulate, and the new agressive behavior. any thoughts?

P.S.
I did notice when a leg breaks of a feeder it seems slime like as well.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its very possible that he has a respiratory infection, he needs a vet very soon. As for the attitude, thats normal for dragon who are housed together. They need to be separate, dragon should never be housed together. you might want to see this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
In October my rescue beardie Talon had phlegm drool from his mouth and had saliva
looking stuff at the sides of his mouth, When I listened to him breath I could hear
quiet popping and crackling sounds, took him to the Vet and he had a severe respiratory
infection that we are still fighting, he's on his 4th course of antibiotic. {He was neglected
and kept in a damp basement by the first owner} It's my understanding that in the wild
beardies can't show illness or they will be lunch, so by the time we can see an illness they
are usually pretty sick. It sound like he may have a respiratory infection. It may be a good
idea for your beardie to see a Vet as soon as possible!

repticharles

Original Poster
I looked into it some more, it was just the juices from the feeders but thanks for the advice, any thoughts on fake rock walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom