Albon dosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimis

I decided to start treating my little guy with Albon. I admit I didn't do well giving him the Reptaid, but stools are getting worse- looser and mucousy. Coccidia has increased, didn't see any pinworm ova this time.
My vet and I worked out an Albon dose but I wanted to run it by you guys and see what dosing schedule I should use. So Humperdinck weighs 70g, so at 50mg/kg dose would be 0.07mL? Its 250mg/5mL.
I was thinking of doing the 3 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on schedule. I am really hoping he likes the way it tastes, I don't want to force it. I will do probiotics, either order the Acidophilus+ or try some soy yogurt.
Thanks for input!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The dose is correct for him. I would give it for a 10-12 day regime & then a week or so off.
Did the vet flavor the Albon any?
Definitely do the probiotics for him, they do tend to help keep their tummies from getting too upset.

Also increase the water intake as well for him.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Erimis

Original Poster
Its straight from the bottle so no additional flavor. Advice on how to give it? He doesn't want to take it from the dropper.

My vet has me put the syringe in the mouth like far in so the treatment goes straight into their stomach and they don't taste it. Its very simple if you can get their mouth open a bit.

I learned how to feed medicine from a syringe from a post on youtube. I searched bearded dragons, and seeing him do it helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom