Bleach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Not sure if this belongs here or not, sorry.

This weekend I am getting one or two new babies. My question is this: The two tanks I am setting up are used. Is there anything on God's green earth that would survive a bleach bath? I have wiped the one in a 10:1 water to bleach solution and then dried it. Could anything have survived this? Should I let the bleach sit on the tank longer? And do I need to rinse the tank, or is drying it sufficient? All the furniture for the new tanks has had a loong bleach soak, a rinse, and dried overnight, so I think that is alright.

Sorry, I want everything to be PERFECT.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Apparently coccidia can survive bleach. Do you have a hand steamer? That is what I use and a lot of others on here do to.... there isnt much that can withstand steam.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I do not have a steamer. Would it work if I poured boiling water in the tank? or would that crack the tank? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom