Microscope image concerns....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren54

Hi, I have been keeping beardies for 4+ yrs and just recently decided to go the microscope way. I have had some success with it but being Im not an expert, I have run into a few problems. I bought quite a few books on parasites, worms, diesease's etc...researched and now Ive decided to go to the forums. I have a vet I can see for meds which I know I will need, but I need to go to her with true evidence. I have pictures of these images and Im worried its more than just worms and coccidia. I have been battling the coccidia for some time now. Albon treatments for them all and yet, they are getting worse. There is blood for sure and the urates are yellow. The poop is nice form, liquidy, very foul smell, and sometimes green, Im guessing from thier greens. Weird thing is, I only have one that poops the green and others dont. They all eat the same food which is daily salad of squash all types, endive, escarole, musturd, turnip, dandelion etc etc.... the feeders are lobster roaches which I have been breeding myself. They also eat, butters, supers of all sizes, silkies, hornworms, etc etc... No crix or mealworms tho. I have been trying pellets and the dragon bites that are moist, smell like play-dough so not feeling it honestly.....the beardies are 6 months old and are currently together. I also have a 3 month old that is battling coccidia....but today I examined his sample and didnt see very much. Very lost and confused. They are not loosing weight from what I can tell. They are all in 240-290grams range. I weigh them. I also steam clean their cages. I am witht them all day so I am quick as possuble with getting feces up. I bathe them as well in a dragon safe soap helps kill bacteria etc. Their temps are 100-103 basking spot and 80's everywhere else with a 97 range around basking spot. The baby has brand new reptisun 10. The juvies have MVB but have been on the reptisun 10 doubled up. I supply cal with and with out d3 switch up and herptivite once a week. Their cages are custom. 3'x3'x22" tall. Cermaic tile grouted. We are building another enclosure to seperate them bc I have to treat them soon or I will have dead beardies...I can feel it....
Anyways, thanks for ANY help.
How do I post pics besides the photobucket way??
Thanks, Lauren

Lauren54

Original Poster
Also wanted to ask, if I wanted to get a blood test that wasnt too complex but defently covered the mains, what should I ask my vet to check for?
Im thinking, calcium, phos, kidney function, vit b's, rbc, wbc....
Anything else??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

I did PM you, but will review your tank setup on this thread later today!
Did you need help with Adeno virus testing?
I am sorry you are having so much trouble.
No, you can post the pictures via photobucket.com that is usually the easiest.

Tracie

Lauren54

Original Poster
Hi Tracie. I have loaded you up with pics to the email you sent me. I wanted to make sure you got everything you asked for. If there is ANY more info you need please let me know!
Thanks for this help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

No, everything is great, thanks for the pictures! I appreciate it. I am working on your email now. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom