Kratos parasites, meds, and weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Kratos went to the vet yesterday and we got the lab results back today. Lab changed the way they list the counts???? No ++ counts instead pinworms listed as >30 Coccidia list as >30. Hopefully you will understand that. All I know is on the phone she said it was high but I didn't ask the counts because I always pick up the paperwork.
So he weighed in this morning at 233 however he didn't have a very big poo like he normally does. Yesterday he was 224
His meds are as follows
Panacur .06ml orally once a week for four weeks/ suspension (0.24cc)
Bactrim .18ml orally once a day for 7 days/ suspension 240/5ml (1.26cc)

Ok never mind looked it up and it means he has +30 counts....holy cow no wonder she said she would have expected to see diarrhea with the coccidia being so high

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that is a relatively high count, over 30 or 30+. That is a strange way to report the counts.
I am surprised he is doing that well with the levels being that high.
The Panacur dose looks good. Do you know the concentration of it?
You were going to wait on the Bactrim & go for Ponazuril, right? When was the vet going to get some of that for you? He does need to get those levels down.
I hope he is doing well today.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom