Dresden has Adenovirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I just got back the blood results from my vet. As a precaution I had both Dresden and Nezzie tested or adenovirus. Nezzie is negative however Dresden received positive results. I know he can have a normal, health life but I'm worried. I don't want Nezzie to get it and Ember is supposed to be shipping within a week or two.

I guess I'm just looking for support. I'm working on getting in touch with his breeder so they know as well.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my goodness, Maggie! I'm so sorry that Dresden has to deal with this. *hugs*
We (hubby and I and even ol' grumpy Norris) are here for you!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Hi Maggie. I'm sorry to hear this.
There is some info and links on the website linked on Tracies signature- I think it's thepats.org but il check when I get to a computer.
Will post some more later.
Hugs!

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I'm a bit late for this thread but thought I would comment anyway. A positive dragon doesn't mean a sick/weak dragon. Some positives go through life with absolutely no issues that need treated and others do. I have an almost 6 y/o positive dragon that is healthy and has not had any issues in a very long time. Sure he did have issues when he was younger but to me, I feel he is just as healthy as any other dragon today. Some of the things he had wrong with him when he was younger would have killed some dragons that was negative so he has to have a strong body to overcome them.

There is lots of info on the internet but you have to weed out all the untruths. You can pm me if you have any questions.

I have two positives and one negative. Both my positives are huge. One is 21" long with a tail nip and over 900 grams, the other is 16" with 1/2 a tail and 600 grams.

I tested mine years ago.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for sharing about your dragons :) Its nice to know that there are other healthy adeno positive beardies out there. My vet has a positive beardie too so I feel confident that if and when Dresden starts to have any issues my vet will be able to take good care of him.

I need to get Nezzie retested just to make sure she is negative. Ember is only 2 months old and I need to get her tested as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom