Coccidia, wht is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
I hear the name Coccidia but wht is it exactly??? :banghead: :banghead: how do i not know this ! Can it kill ur dragon and how does it get it?? Plz help

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's an internal parasite. It makes your dragon sick and skinnier and skinnier with can eventually lead to death. A dragon can get it from being in contact with another dragon who has it. Being in contact with the cage an infected dragon used to live in. It can get it from things like rocks and branches you bring in from outside for the enclosure.

Basically just make sure you clean your greens, anything you bring in from outside, and poo in the tank.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":3h50o1ca said:
A dragon can get it from being in contact with another dragon who has it. Being in contact with the cage an infected dragon used to live in. It can get it from things like rocks and branches you bring in from outside for the enclosure.

It can also be brought on with stress.... my poor little guy has been so stressed out and now has coccidia... his immune system is also not up to par at present so we definitely have to medicate.

I am FREAKING OUT!!!! Everything is being steam cleaned tomoro and im really worried about the other 2 getting it!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry Christina. Be thankful that you don't have it with all the stress im sure this is putting on you!

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":3d6jnjz2 said:
I'm sorry Christina. Be thankful that you don't have it with all the stress im sure this is putting on you!

-Brandon

Thank you Brandon... If I were a beardie, I would have a permanent repeat prescription of Albon!! I've read Denise's article on it 4 times tonight, just to make sure I havent missed anything! Poor Kazi tho - thats 3 different meds he has to have tomoro, plus his Critical Care and then his acidophiliz! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom