Parasites AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
I am about to have a nervous break down!!!

Dylan has parasites AGAIN!! :banghead:

Any suggestions on how to avoid a re-infection?
I literaaly just brought him a new viv...
I disinfected all his rocks and tiles and blankets and brought new lights, Is there something I am missing?
Cant belive he is sick again.

Should I take him back to the vet for more antibiotics? or just give him reptaid? I dont want to put him back on anti bioitcs due to his fussy eating habits, but will do if need be.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
How do you know for sure was his fecal tested? What live feeders are you giving to him? Also what is the set up like? We are now doing some more testing and research in this area so any info you can give may help out.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he has not been facal tested yet (have an appointment next week to have it done)
I know some of the signs are: runny poop, smelly poop, hiding all day, loss of appiteite. Dyl has all of these.

He gets crickets, its really hard to get other live feeders here.
we get supers and dubias occasionally when i can get some i give him those as a treat.
Cant wait for the silkworm season :)

His set up is: 35* celcius (95*F) in basking ( he doesnt like it any higher than that)
28* celcius (80*F) in the cool side
and night time temps are around 19* celcius (66*F)
he is in a huge tank (dont know gallons) but he can lay the width of it and its about 3 and a half time longer than him.
has 2 uv lights (reptisun tubes)
and gets salad daily and vitamin and cacium 3 to 4 times a week.
he is on tile with bamboo backdrop and plastic plants.... do you think he ate the plastic plant? :shock:
he has a blanket (hand towel) and a teddy
his uv lights are 20 cm (8 inches) away from him.
He poops once a day (sometimes twice a day) but didnt poop yesterday, he did however dance in his salad.

i think those conversions are right...

Any help in the parasite department would be greatly appriciated :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mainly its the smell combined with the runny poo. Runny poo itself can be caused from just too many greens or drinking too much bath water.

Smelly and stinky poo isn't necessarily a sign of infection, but it is a warning to go get it checked out if it continues.

-Brandon

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well he came out for food when i got home and ate a few pieces of salad so at least his whole appitite is not gone....

Still waiting to see when i can see the vet and when he can take me....

WyattKB

Hatchling Member
My only suggestion is try and clean your tank out very well and often.. It's weird how he keeps getting em :cry:

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know, I have never had a problem with him in 3 years now after one infection he keeps getting them! :banghead:

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok so the vet visit went well today... dylan is parasite free - he got a dewormer and we were sent on our merry little way.
The vet did say however that Dylan is not eating coz he is.... frustrated..... and needs a female.
lol always the obvious answer! :roll:
I feel like such a tool for taking him all that way for nothing!
I even kept a fecal sample in my fridge!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Fortunate":3ulrh4in said:
The vet did say however that Dylan is not eating coz he is.... frustrated..... and needs a female.

I don't think so. I've never heard of that being a cause of not eating. How much is Dylan eating right now?

It's good that Dylan is parasite free though.

-Brandon

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
today (after a dewormer) pancur, he ate 20 crix and in the morning before the vet he ate half his salad.
Im sure its contributing to his loss of appitiete but the fact he ate more after the dewormer tell me he prob had/has pinworms again.

I really dont know to be honest, im just glad he ate today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom