Question About Crickets Carrying Diseases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven0m2k6

Earlier I was feeding my beardie Lazarus, and after taking him out of his feeding container I noticed a small, barely noticeable black worm crawling around in the bottom.

I was wondering if this is from the crickets or what. And also wondering if it poses any danger to Lazarus or myself.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
no that a larva nothing to be worryed about at all. just pick them out and dont feed them if it makes you feel any better. :D

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Carpet beetle larvae. They infest the cricket breeders colonies and sometimes are considered problematic. They are not harmful to the crickets in fact as stated above they clean, they eat the dead crickets and so forth. This is the same reason why not to feed them to your dragons as you never know why the cricket they are feasting on has died. :wink:
If perchance they get the opportunity to morph into a beetle, you may wish to discard of the beetle promptly as they fly, can leave the confines of the cricket keeper/bin and become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom