Bearded illness contagious to humans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateS

I have been wondering... are there any things that a bearded can carry that are contagious to humans besides the possible solmonella. The different parasites and other stuff? It will be a couple weeks before I get her to her vet appointment and worry a bit about myself, and even more, about my kids holding them in the meantime.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
just dont eat bearded dragon poop or kiss their bum :wink: . as long as you make sure you wash your hands after handling them or cleaning up after them then you should be fine.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
as long as you are ocd on cleaning then there shoudnt be a problem at all. My little neice who is 2 loves to cuddle my babys and even knows to spray her hands afterwards. I have never been ill nor has my children been ill from my dragons. common sence and as previous person has said clear up after them and yourself and you will be fine. :D

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
My dragon contracted Giardia from some tainted greens we suspect. I ended up contracting it too. I spent a lot of time on the toilet, let me tell you. There are several zoonosis that dragons can carry. Just make sure to have regular fecal exams on your dragon to catch any parasites.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Mach10X":1ko6eej1 said:
My dragon contracted Giardia from some tainted greens we suspect. I ended up contracting it too. I spent a lot of time on the toilet, let me tell you. There are several zoonosis that dragons can carry. Just make sure to have regular fecal exams on your dragon to catch any parasites.
oh no Giardia is horrible somone brought their infected dog to the dogpark and got the dogs there sick with Giardia my dog was so sick

Coccidia, pinworms, Giardia, all of these are zooatic diseases, meaning humans can catch them. They are all transfered by accidental ingestion of parasite-positive fecal matter by another animal/person. Wash your hands. I'm lucky, Chewie never poops in his viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom