parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chair76

Hatchling Member
ok i recently read some of this in a week awhile ago, but starting from day one when you notice your beardie might have parasites, how long would it take to get to her and possible kill her? or do some serious damage that made me worry hoping my beardie never gets parasites

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Parasites are generally not going to kill a reptile quickly, unless the levels have been chronically high & the reptile is already ill from malnutrition, etc.
Most of the time, reptiles carry a very low level of parasites & worms as their normal intestinal flora which is necessary for healthy digestion.
If your dragon begins to show symptoms of lethargic behavior, loss of appetite & or energy & having runny or smelly stools, it is a good idea to get a fecal sample done to check the levels of parasites & worms.

Just keep everything clean & most of the time, your dragon should not get excessively high levels of parasites or worms. Remember that feeders, namely dirty crickets can carry pinworms or other parasites so make sure your feeders are clean. Don't keep dirty water in the tank, as well which harbors bacteria.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. :D
If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom