Beardie won't eat Ponazuril, can it be mixed with food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Razz just started Ponazuril this morning. He will take any food and even the other 2 meds but not this. :roll:

I want it to be as effective as possible so will keep trying if mixing with food is not the best.

Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sherri,

If he wont take it alone, then you will need to mix it with a little bit of food or maybe some grape, apple or cranberry juice.

Tracie

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
Thank you :)

Since it is not an antibiotic can it be taken with a little bit of the yogurt? (LOL, ends up he really likes the yogurt, go figure!)
(Oh, I am just checking my messages now and have to go, but I will send you a message when I get home! :D)

So far, he does not like any juice, I try to mix it with water but no go.

Thank you again,
Sherri

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sherri,

Yes, you can mix it with the yogurt if you would like. How is he doing now? At least he likes the yogurt though, that is great!
I hope he is feeling better now.

Tracie

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
Ok, great then. He has had the two doses, but he won't get another fecal done for a week or so. I will guess that he will need another round b/c they were so bad :( But using the yogurt will be perfect!

He gets his 2nd dose of Panacur on the 28th then I will take a sample in.

I have not seen any signs of a URI again...I am fairly certain that he heard our dog bark and was startled from sleep :roll:

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but I did lower the Reptisun to near the bottom of the viv...it is about 6-8" from him all the time, Poor little guy, living on the bottom of his viv with nothing but rolled up newspaper to lean on

Hope all that is ok! I got a hand steamer yesterday so no more ammonia wash and rinse :D

Thanks again, and I hope all this sounds fine. I read so many horror stories about Coccidia that I *am* nervous about it :roll:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sherri,

That is great you moved the Reptisn 10 tube bulb closer, that should help him out quite a bit then.
How is his appetite coming along? You haven't seen any side effect from the Ponazuril? At least he will take the yogurt really well then.
Let me know how his next fecal turns out, hopefully his levels will be much lower.
The hand steamer should really make a difference in the cleaning for you also.

Keep me posted on him!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom