Fecal number....lost count. Results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Well, Riza's last fecal came in one the fourth and it came back again with a +4 of coccidia. However, we've been treating her since janurary and nothing is working. We keep her cage super clean, gave the right dosage of medicine and the vet concluded that Riza must just have a high count in coccidia.
So we're not treating her for it anymore. She is active, she likes to run around the house and explores, eats her salad and worms like a champ and her tummy has less stress marks than we've ever seen. Still we see very faint stress marks, but occasionally it will be pretty much completely white.
So we're glad that's overwith. She can probably have her stuff back.(As in tiles, branches, ect.) :3
We've spent so much money on her. I don't think she'll be going back to the vet anytime soon unless something urgent happens.

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
well that's interesting, i'm going through that now.

Joga has a high +4 count of coccidia and on her first round of meds to get rid of that and pinworms (yuk). She's stopped eating entirely, but remains active, and very annoyed with me chasing her around her tank with babyfood. I'm pumping her with acidophiliz+ as well, in hopes her appetite will make an appearance. Today was the first time she ate a bug in over a week (had a super and a dubia) - we started the drugs last Thursday. I never thought I'd be so happy to see a lizard eat a worm and a roach LOL.

Since this was my first time giving her medicine, I was somewhat reluctant, cause the drugs are so hard on her system. I went ahead and ordered Reptaid XL (she's 565 grams) and have it on standby. If she comes back still infested with coccidia, I'm hoping her count subsides a bit, but would like to try the Reptaid before dosing her on another round of albon (you can't do both at the same time). I'm cleaning her tank like mad every 4-5 days and took all her furniture and extra tiles out (what a pain), and her tank looks very boring and sparse. My son thinks I'm crazy cause there's a big pot on the stove boiling rocks, tiles, and fake plants... :roll:

Since January? Poor baby, seems like a lot for a lizard to go through. Glad to hear she's eating and active though - damn parasites.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah. Good luck. :( See, though, Riza never has had issues with eating. She's always eaten at least a bit of salad everyday and always ate up her worms(or crix when we fed them) hungrily, wanting more. I've done several 10 day on 2 day off 10 day on cycles of Reptaid also. They helped Scout more than it seemed to help Riza when I gave it to Scout.
Another curious thing about my dragons is that Riza has almost always had formed, not stinky stools, where Scout has semi-runny(more formed since I gave reptaid) and really stinky stools, but even though he's only gotten one fecal, his stools were like that before and he doesn't have parasites. He never acts like he does either if he does. Right now he's galss dancing at the window with a black beard and is bobbing at random things.
I think we just have odd-ball dragons. :dontknow: Oh well. As long as they're happy, not showing any signs of illness, and eating and pooping well, I don't care. Good luck again with Joga.

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
thanks. I'm curious about the reptaid, as I'm one of those prefer natural herbal approach people (living in so cal and all LOL). this first time i figured I'd go the meds route first, since we've been so lucky not to have had to deal with this until now and her counts were off the charts.

anyway, interesting that it helped Scout but not Riza.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
As far as the reptaid goes, I think Riza it might have helped her appetite maybe, but it didn't help her as far as her parasites went.
It might have actually put more colour on her now that I think about it.... Her beard had a little orange on it and now it's covered in orang all the way down to her shoulders/

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Oh noooooooo. I just got the call hunters second fecal still positive coccidia!!! Great!! Sucks cause I have this really nice custom enclosure that's all ready and he stays in "quarantine" 1 branch and paper towels lol!! He seems fine happy eats like a champ u wonder if this can ever be cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom