Question about possible problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 beardies 1 male and 1 female. The female has just layed her 4th clutch and this one did not look so hot. All the eggs are small and have a yellow tint to them. I looked at them today and they seem to be fertile..but only time will tell. This is when I started to think maybe something has been wrong. She sometimes has REALLY smelly poop. I just thought that it probably had something to do with being pregos. A couple times when I put her in the tub she would have the normal black and white stool but it looks like it is covered in a clear bubble. Also, her poop comes out in like a pancake form.

She eats like a champ and is very active. She gets calcium and vitamins weekly and the temps in her cage are 105 (basking) and 85 with the UVB light. Her diet consists of Collard and Mustard Greens, Squash, Apples, Giant Meal Worms 2 days a week, Crickets 3 times a week, Pinky once a month. She also gets baths twice a week and misted daily.

I am really trying to avoid going to the vet because I am already paying a fortune for a elderly dog.....but I think maybe it is needed.

P.S. - All the babies from the first clutch seemed to be healthy, next clutch due to hatch any day.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
are the cluths off the one mating, as i have seen with my friends that with each clutch after they get weaker and weeker in quality. also do you keep them together ? i use to but i have put my boy by himself now as he was stressing the girls out, to the point that they looked depressed and ill. ( all fab now ) have you took a pooh sample to your vets and had her treated for any bugs and fed her right up before you have bred her as this to can have a massive influence on her and the eggs. a pooh sample really does make a world of diffrence and can tell you soooo much about the health of your dragon. i get one done in the spring and one in the winter. it sounds to me that you really need one done hun as that pooh sounds like what mine was like when she had worms and a yeast infection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom