Strange Scale Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has a strange patch of scales on her tail. They look grayish, and stay the same color, and even when she changes. They don't seem to cause her any pain or discomfort, but I didn't want to touch it much, in case it did. It doesn't seem to bother her but I want to see if it's an infection or anything like that. I looked up scale rot, as well as fungi, but none of them seem to really match up. It doesn't really look like shedding. I'm attaching a picture. Any insight would be really appreciated. Thanks.

mail

dbsilverstein

Original Poster
The picture I posted shows up for me. This is my first time posting can anyone tell me how to get a jpg file from my desktop, into an html so I can post it? I tried viewing it in my browser and taking it from there, but that didn't work.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
they can shed in patches like that from what i can see its not discolored or looking infected at all it just looks like shed try getting some 100% aloe vera gel and rub it on the patches to soften them my baby had the same problem on his foot it looks exactly like your pictures

ya that looks like a shed spot to me too. ive noticed that as my beardies have gotten older, the shed patches have gotten alot smaller. it also takes longer for the skin to be fully ready to shed the skin as well. just keep giving baths and you cant go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom