Whats a proper cleaning for coccidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

Ok guys my bearded dragon got diagnosed with Parasites, Coccidia and Pinworm's I was told to clean with ammonia because bleach doesn't kill coccidia.. Now I just have one question how do I properly and safely clean his items with coccidia with ammonia and how much ammonia do I add too how much water? Oh, also will ammonia kill the parasites and pinworms as well? He doe's have a log but its not real wood its like an antique.. My step dad said ammonia was dangerous to use but, i don't know I've never used ammonia thats why i'm asking how do i do this safely? is it safe to use inside the house?

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
firstly i cant beleve noone has helped you mate,,, i havnt had the problem myself but i have been told that its a nightmere to get rid of... for the worms which has come back in my sample panacur is the way forward for that.... i have tryed to find out by reading some books for you and you will need to take everything out of the tank and clean clean clean like you have an ocd disorder ...or the oocysts will reinfest you little guy ....use f10 disinfectant and get the super concentrate form... seems in the us (albon) is used sulfadimethoxine and trimathoprim sulfa these should be obtained from your retile vet hun....a vet i phoned my own has recomended oral sulfadimethoxine daily for three to five days then every other day for as long as it takes....to have a chance at breacking the life cycle you must clean clean clean,, including water bwels and food bowls, spray with f10 and leave for a bit then rinse off.... i am sorry i cant help anymore hun but i have tryed to do my best for you....good luck and hope you get rid of it

Hampton

What you have to know is ammonia should be used the same as bleach (1/4 cup per gallon of water), but never mixed with bleach, the danger is if mixed with bleach it produces a toxic gas that could kill you if inhaled, but used on it's own there is no danger. it is in most glass cleaners. If you do use bleach, properly clean the ammonia residue first( let solution set on object surface for at least 15 minutes before rinsing). I cant imagine any living thing surviving both of those. just to be sure, after you clean everything, run it through the dishwasher with no detergent, just high heat sanitize. it will wash off all chemical residue, and sanitize one extra step.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom